CALIFORNIA - RESULTS Oct 2010

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also had a nice chat w/ somebody on the NCEES website. They said that we'll be receiving our results for the 8-hr exam direct from the NCEES in the same 8-10 week span as other states but that the CA board will release the state-specific results separately...not sure if this is news to anybody or not
That confirms new news to me. I passed the 8 hr and waiting on Surveying only. I still think it has to at least come a week before Jan 21st, the deadline for re-file. I'm moving my chips over on Jan. 14th.

ya kinda a bummer...now we are at mercy of CA board again. I talked with a lady from the board and told her that if the results take 15 weeks its gonna be a problem to refile by jan 21. she said shes pretty sure they said 15 weeks becuase last time they said 13 weeks and got a bunch of calls at 13 weeks +1 day. historically, they release the results about 2 weeks before refile deadline.

Either way, they have scanned the scantrons, determined a cuttoff score, and now they are patiently waiting to release the results while we sit here and smack ourselves in the balls :smileyballs:

So, will NCEES tell us whether we passed or not, or is that the responsibility of the California Board for Professional Engineers?
i think that ncees will tell you if you passed 8 hour exam, board will tell you if you passed state specific exam, board will tell you if you are a PE or not

crush is likely referring to what he (and mr. petty) consider to be the most difficult aspect of all of this, the hardest part even.

As of log in on 12/22/10 @ 20:45 (Estern Time) to the NCEES account that there is still no result yet.

i got a flyer for the review course today. Does that mean that i failed and they think i need to take the prep course???????????

i got a flyer for the review course today. Does that mean that i failed and they think i need to take the prep course???????????
It is not related to the score pass or fail.

I took the FE and passsed on the second try. The first time I received review flyer and didn't pass. The second I received the same review flyer but passed. Same thing for the PE.

from NCEES Website:

"NCEES has begun releasing the October 2010 exam results to state licensing boards. The surveying exam results were released December 16. The FE exam results were released December 22. PE exam results will be released the last week of December.

How and when examinees receive their results will vary by state. Some boards use NCEES Exam Administration Services to release the results directly to examinees; some release them through another testing service such as PCS; and other boards release the results themselves. In addition, some state boards must validate the results at a board meeting before they can release them to examinees.

To find out how you will receive your results, go to the exams page, select your state from the drop-down menu on the right, and look for the Results subhead."

Dont know if this means anything to those of us waiting for only state specific exam results

from NCEES Website:"NCEES has begun releasing the October 2010 exam results to state licensing boards. The surveying exam results were released December 16. The FE exam results were released December 22. PE exam results will be released the last week of December.

How and when examinees receive their results will vary by state. Some boards use NCEES Exam Administration Services to release the results directly to examinees; some release them through another testing service such as PCS; and other boards release the results themselves. In addition, some state boards must validate the results at a board meeting before they can release them to examinees.

To find out how you will receive your results, go to the exams page, select your state from the drop-down menu on the right, and look for the Results subhead."

Dont know if this means anything to those of us waiting for only state specific exam results
this won't excite CA PE-to-be's, since it takes long time for the board to release results even after NCEES release CA results to the board.

from NCEES Website:"NCEES has begun releasing the October 2010 exam results to state licensing boards. The surveying exam results were released December 16. The FE exam results were released December 22. PE exam results will be released the last week of December.

this won't excite CA PE-to-be's, since it takes long time for the board to release results even after NCEES release CA results to the board.
I called the CA board Thursday when the first post was up, and they said they had not yet received anything from NCEES. The person said that NCEES will email us by mid-week with the results directly.

when you go to the exams page, select your state from the drop-down menu on the right, and look for the Results subhead, it says they will release the results directly to examinees

"and then another couple weeks before we hear back about the California state-specific tests??"

Im starting to just hope they will send out the state specific results (with refile applications if needed) a week or two before the refile deadline (JAN 21). so im hoping Jan 7th :smileyballs:

I took all 3 tests and I'm hoping to find out about at least the national 8-hr test this week...take away at least some of the anxiety

Some states may in fact find out this week. History has shown however that California is always one of the last if not the last state to notify the examinees of their results.

I'm hoping just as much as you are, but I'm not expecting the CA results to be released to us this week...or next for that matter.

Back