CALIFORNIA - RESULTS Oct 2010

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received the review course package on wednesday (12/1/2010) and I have a feeling that the result might coming to us sooner than we expect. Last time I received the thing and the rersult comes about 3 weeks after.
NCEES website say results will be sent to CA PE board within 6 to 10 weeks. I seriously doubt we'll have our results until 30 days after the board get the results from NCEES. Probably toward the end of January/start of February.
CA board Spring 2011 exam final postmark date is 1/21/2011 (For refile) ; and 12/17/2010 (For new application)

NCEES Spring 2011 exam register deadline is 2/18/2011.

Does anyone have any thought?
The board is having a teleconference on the 14th. I'm still betting results by the first week of Jan to allow for refile applications.

I don't think that this time the result will depends on the hand of CA board because--->

" When results have been released (typically 8–10 weeks after the exam), NCEES will send an e-mail informing you that your result can be accessed through your My NCEES account."

http://www.ncees.org/Exams/States/CA.php

Last edited by a moderator:
" When results have been released (typically 8–10 weeks after the exam), NCEES will send an e-mail informing you that your result can be accessed through your My NCEES account."
Texas now says something similar... it didn't say that a few days ago. It said that the Board would notify us.

I wonder if this is applicable for October 2010 results, or April 2011, as that "page" is built for April 2011 examinees.

Not eager this time...that test was absurd. This is my second attempt. On my first try, I thought I did well enough to pass, this time I know I'll be forking over another $275 come October. The electrical exam was nothing like the preparation materials, or the last exam.
I'm right there with you. This was my first time to take the exam, however, it was NOTHING like the NCEES practice exam format OR what we went over in the TestMasters prep course.

Way too many conceptual questions and not near enough calculations in my opinion.

Since I wasn't prepared for that type of test I can't say if I think I passed or failed yet, I just don't know. Hopefully my reasoning skills prevailed and help me logically deduce the correct answers.

GL.

When I took my exam for Oct 2008, I got the results around end of January 2009. Maybe this year is different.

All the past Oct exams the results came at the end of Jan/beginning of Feb, which was +/ -13 weeks. The April 2011 test is one week earlier, (April 9th I think). I'm sure the Board is trying to speed things up a bit, and the 15 week comment was BS. They made a firm date of Jan 21st for re-file applications on their website, so you know they need to give at least a week ahead of that. I'm betting our results are in after the first week of Jan, and no later than Jan 14th.

I suppose the results for California won't be coming out this week, or sometime later this month, right?

Man, I'm anxious...

Last edited by a moderator:
Not eager this time...that test was absurd. This is my second attempt. On my first try, I thought I did well enough to pass, this time I know I'll be forking over another $275 come October. The electrical exam was nothing like the preparation materials, or the last exam.
I'm right there with you. This was my first time to take the exam, however, it was NOTHING like the NCEES practice exam format OR what we went over in the TestMasters prep course.

Way too many conceptual questions and not near enough calculations in my opinion.

Since I wasn't prepared for that type of test I can't say if I think I passed or failed yet, I just don't know. Hopefully my reasoning skills prevailed and help me logically deduce the correct answers.

GL.

Agreed - I took the testmasters prep too. While some of the earthwork and a little of hydro was there, it was too far from the actual test. However, the equation sheets prooved helpful. I think with some better editing, the notes given for the class may be more helpful as a ref.

I don't think that this time the result will depends on the hand of CA board because--->

I did not see this earlier. We might get the results straight from NCEES this way. Some of the other states, it says that they send them to the respective Boards to hand out. 10 weeks would be about Jan. 8th. Makes sense that the re-file deadline is Jan 21st. Kind of makes me mad that the proctor made that 15 week comment.

I did not see this earlier. We might get the results straight from NCEES this way. Some of the other states, it says that they send them to the respective Boards to hand out. 10 weeks would be about Jan. 8th. Makes sense that the re-file deadline is Jan 21st. Kind of makes me mad that the proctor made that 15 week comment.
The results will have to be released in time for the April 2011 registration. The NCEES website says registration is open through 18 Feb. It could still be a while before we get our results in CA. Jan 8th wold be nice, but I don't expect to see anything until the last week of Jan.

should be early january. See page 15 paragragh 4 of link:
http://www.pels.ca.gov/about_us/meetings/a...inutes_8-10.pdf

and xavier you like to sound like you know what your talking about, but dont like researching it?
Page 15, paragraph 4 for the lazy:

Mr. Donelson stated the Board is working with NCEES to get the diagnostics and results released through NCEES using the registration website. They expect the results to be released sooner, in the beginning of January or end of December. Mr. Moore stated the Board is working on possibilities for releasing exam results to get the information out sooner and leave time for applicants to apply for other exams. Mr. Wilburn asked if the concern with releasing exam results and not licensure results might be that candidates would be confused about when they would obtain a license. Mr. Moore explained that is something they have thought about and are working on. He noted NCEES is exam-centric while the Board is license-centric.

and xavier you like to sound like you know what your talking about, but dont like researching it?

Mr. Donelson stated the Board is working with NCEES to get the diagnostics and results released through NCEES using the registration website. They expect the results to be released sooner, in the beginning of January or end of December. Mr. Moore stated the Board is working on possibilities for releasing exam results to get the information out sooner and leave time for applicants to apply for other exams. Mr. Wilburn asked if the concern with releasing exam results and not licensure results might be that candidates would be confused about when they would obtain a license. Mr. Moore explained that is something they have thought about and are working on. He noted NCEES is exam-centric while the Board is license-centric.
Bah Humbug!

Bah Humbug!
Not trying to distribute bad information. I am skeptical of a release prior to the end of January is all. The last results took 13 weeks despite all the speculation. If the results are made available late December/early January, that’ll be 9 or 10 weeks.

If you go to the NCEES website and search "exam results" for the various states, most states say that the results are released to the respective Boards first, and the Board or NCEES releases them. Interestingly CA seems to be the only one which NCEES says only that they release them 8-10 weeks via website without saying anything about sending to Board, Board validation etc.

Chat session with NCEES:

me: Hey so are the results for california state specific seismic exam going to be posted on your website? or will we have to wait for notification from the board? Thanks!

Just a moment...

Support Agent: the CA Board will release their state specific exam results. it will not be on the NCEES website.

me: ok, thank you

Support Agent: Thank you for contacting us.

Chat session disconnected

Chat session with NCEES:
me: Hey so are the results for california state specific seismic exam going to be posted on your website? or will we have to wait for notification from the board? Thanks!

Just a moment...

Support Agent: the CA Board will release their state specific exam results. it will not be on the NCEES website.

me: ok, thank you

Support Agent: Thank you for contacting us.

Chat session disconnected
That sucks, but I don't know how much you can trust one agent when they are dealing with all of the states. The NCEES website has a page for each state registration, so I'm wonder why all of them say the same thing? That NCEES sends to the respective Boards, and the Board sends them out and/or validates them. A lot of the states which normally got their results around Dec 16th have not got them yet, and waiting on NCEES. I'm still thinking CA is going to benefit by being around first week of January vs end of January. I putting my money on Thursday, January 6th. :smash:

I also had a nice chat w/ somebody on the NCEES website. They said that we'll be receiving our results for the 8-hr exam direct from the NCEES in the same 8-10 week span as other states but that the CA board will release the state-specific results separately...not sure if this is news to anybody or not

Back