CALIFORNIA - RESULTS Oct 2010

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there anbody who passed all three exams and is not listed in database?
I passed all of the exams but I am not in the database yet. I passed the 8 hour exam in Arizona in April, and passed the seismic and survey exams this past October. I received my congratulations/passing letter on Wednesday but still not in the database as of today.

I passed all of the exams but I am not in the database yet. I passed the 8 hour exam in Arizona in April, and passed the seismic and survey exams this past October. I received my congratulations/passing letter on Wednesday but still not in the database as of today.
1. Did you transfer your 8 hrs civil to CA already?

2. I am not sure that you need it or not...but CA need to complete take home test as well. http://www.pels.ca.gov/applicants/pe_takehome.pdf

3. Call the CA board!

2. I am not sure that you need it or not...but CA need to complete take home test as well. http://www.pels.ca.gov/applicants/pe_takehome.pdf

3. Call the CA board!
Yeah, I transferred everything to CA already, and took the take home test as well. My letter was the same as everyone else's (I assume) and says that I "now hold a valid license as a Professional Civil Engineer" and that the formal certificate is coming in 4-6 weeks. I will wait until Wednesday and if I'm still not on there I will give them a call to see if I got missed. Anyone else pass all 3 and is not in the database?

3. Call the CA board!
Yeah, I transferred everything to CA already, and took the take home test as well. My letter was the same as everyone else's (I assume) and says that I "now hold a valid license as a Professional Civil Engineer" and that the formal certificate is coming in 4-6 weeks. I will wait until Wednesday and if I'm still not on there I will give them a call to see if I got missed. Anyone else pass all 3 and is not in the database?
I've also received a letter saying I passed and not in the database yet. I'm in Washington.

CAN WE TRANSFER CIVIL 8 HRS TO OTHER STATES AND GET THE PE?
My first thought is no because to apply for comity you need a license number. You won't have a license number in CA if you've only passed the civil 8hr not the state specific exams...but I'm not completely sure.

My first thought is no because to apply for comity you need a license number. You won't have a license number in CA if you've only passed the civil 8hr not the state specific exams...but I'm not completely sure.
Yes, you can get the PE in other states, however some do require an actual PE# for reciprocity. Arizona is not one of them and I got the PE licence first there based on passing the 8h in California. Arizona requires 4 years of experience though, which I luckly had.

Yes, you can get the PE in other states, however some do require an actual PE# for reciprocity. Arizona is not one of them and I got the PE licence first there based on passing the 8h in California. Arizona requires 4 years of experience though, which I luckly had.
great! I was a little concerned for a woman who was on the same plane back to New England as I who had just taken the CA PE. She mentioned she was an environmental eng who studied like crazy for the civil-water/env 8-hr and didn't study at all for the state specific exams, on the basis that she'll only need the 8-hr portion to get reciprocity. I didn't have the heart to tell her that I didn't think that was correct, but luckily I didn't say anything because it appears she was right (for the most part).

great! I was a little concerned for a woman who was on the same plane back to New England as I who had just taken the CA PE. She mentioned she was an environmental eng who studied like crazy for the civil-water/env 8-hr and didn't study at all for the state specific exams, on the basis that she'll only need the 8-hr portion to get reciprocity. I didn't have the heart to tell her that I didn't think that was correct, but luckily I didn't say anything because it appears she was right (for the most part).
Just so we are clear, she can never get CA civil based on reciprocity unless she passes the CA specific exams (Seismic and Survey). I don't get it why she took the 8h in CA if she resides somewhere elese...

Just so we are clear, she can never get CA civil based on reciprocity unless she passes the CA specific exams (Seismic and Survey). I don't get it why she took the 8h in CA if she resides somewhere elese...
I am not sure of her reasoning. However, my reason for taking the CA exam instead of my home state of Massachusetts is because 1.) I could take the exam sooner in CA than in MA. and 2.) The April 2011 in MA is now a two day exam schedule consisting of two 8-hr exams. Day 1: Structural Breadth AM - Structural Depth PM, Day 2: Lateral Forces ($500 for each exam!!!!)

If I chose to take the PE in MA, I would have had to wait until April 2011 due to my work experience and it would have cost me $1000. So I chose to take my exam early in CA for $250 (and get a chance to visit with my bro in SF). Thank goodness I passed first try so that I don't have to fly back out to CA or spend $1000 bucks to take the MA PE instead.

oh I understand your question.....She did not have her PE yet in any state and she was eligible for the CA exam. She was hoping to get reciprocity using her CA 8-hr exam in her home state.

Back