California Results Any news???

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, they do normally deliver them before the quoted time. However, not a week early, more like 2-3 days early. All my information is coming from reading posts here, so take it for what it's worth. In summary, California always lags ~4 business days behind the other states. Also, in the past, other states have released results on Thursdays, and California has followed on Tuesdays. I also believe that last year California said that the results would be released towards the end of the following week (similar to what they are doing now) and then they released them on Tuesday. All of this information combined is making me think that we will get the results on Tuesday at the earliest, and Wednesday at the latest.

I know it sucks waiting. I am pretty confident that I failed, I just want to see that red box so I can know for sure, enjoy my holidays, and then get back to the grind. And I also know it's easier said than done, but give yourself a break until Tuesday and stop checking and refreshing. Maybe check once an hour if it gives you peace of mind. There is no sense in driving yourself crazy over the next few days when the board itself has said that no results are coming out today. 

Best of luck and I hope you get some good news soon! 
You shall pass!!! (with positive energy)

I've heard of several people passing, when they think they've failed...I'll send some vibes your way NJ. 

I think I passed, but have talked myself out of it over the past several weeks!

In my opinion, it's absurd that they won't release NCEES to provide the results now that they're forcing us to submit a follow-up form if we've successfully passed so that they can again evaluate our applications for licensure.
This sounds like a new process, perhaps related to the decoupling of the NCEES from registration.  When I passed my PE in April 2014, as soon as I got the email from the board notifying pass (May 23, 2014), I logged into license checker and saw my number already listed.  Granted this is for my Mechanical.  I'm took the Civil in October 2016 and they may need to wait a little bit for the state exams.

This is the last time CA board does it in the old way.

Next time, it will let NCEES take care of all the stuff.

Hopefully, it will be a happy ending.

This new way they're doing things is definitely pretty interesting, but a bit confusing. I look forward to the notification email from the CA Board -- I'm guessing they'll lay out what people need to do next. GL everyone!

c128e59d42e7ff55a8884da7ba8230f2.jpg

I'm thinking that we may be able to tell if we passed by trying to register for the April exam on Monday. Re-file registration open on 12/12. I'm thinking NCEES won't let you register if you have passed. Any thoughts?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I passed the national exam is 2015.  I believe that I could still register to retake the exam on NCEES website...

I passed the national exam is 2015.  I believe that I could still register to retake the exam on NCEES website...
You wouldn't have been able to do it directly through NCEES at that time though right? This just started for April 2017. I believe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Why on earth did you put yourself through all of those exams?  Seriously, what field are you in that that would be even a remote requirement...??  
That's what the screen always show if you try to take another Principles and Practice Exam if you already passed one test of any type.  I passed the Mechanical in 2014, and in order to register for the Civil in 2016 I had to get NCEES to open it for me. 

I took Civil Transportation. Tumeric98 is right.  I'm just waiting on seismic.  Still drives me crazy to think that releasing results for a computer based multiple choice test takes so long.

hey from oakland! just waiting for surveying. enjoy the weekend!! SANTA CONNNN
Yep yep! Does Oakland have one too, or are you coming to SF's? I was (unrealistically) hoping we'd have heard by the weekend. I remember feeling this same way back in the spring! Oh well. Maybe they'll be nice and get at least the national results to us first thing Monday morning! Haha, wishful thinking, I'm guessing.

@leggo was gonna go to the one in the city, but won't be going anymore :(  I promise I'll make up for it drinking next week when we get the results..whatever they might be....

@sersmay Yeppp much drinking to be done next week. Hopefully for good news for all of us California people, who choose to put ourselves through all of this misery!

Back