California Results Any news???

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know how any of it works, just passing along what I heard. Perhaps they only took the 8-hour exam? Not sure if it makes a difference.
Like someone mentioned before, they sent an email giving you a heads up that another email would be coming within the next 24 hours. I received that email on a Thursday around 2:30 pm. I didn't receive the email with my results until 9:00 am the next morning. If they plan to split the results again, I wouldn't expect anything today. I hope I'm wrong though.

Like someone mentioned before, they sent an email giving you a heads up that another email would be coming within the next 24 hours. I received that email on a Thursday around 2:30 pm. I didn't receive the email with my results until 9:00 am the next morning. If they plan to split the results again, I wouldn't expect anything today. I hope I'm wrong though.
 I'm not going to obsess over it today (total lie) .

I should add that typically after NCEES posts their "Update on [month] [year] exam results" announcement on their news page, California examinees tend to get their results either that same day or the next day.
If this is true, it'll be today or Monday...  I hate waiting.  

But remember, CA sat on the results for almost a week before releasing the emails. Thanks to the Seismic and Survey exams, everything needs to be compiled.

I just talked to Brandon (from Board of California),he said it will be end of next week.I am expecting by next Tuesday or Wednesday. So lets not waste our time today!!!!

Hopefully to temper expectations, I just got off the phone with the state board. I asked if we could expect the results next week, she said yes, and that hopefully around Wednesday or Thursday. To assure myself, I asked if by chance they could be released today and she had a chuckle. 

Hopefully to temper expectations, I just got off the phone with the state board. I asked if we could expect the results next week, she said yes, and that hopefully around Wednesday or Thursday. To assure myself, I asked if by chance they could be released today and she had a chuckle. 
I just called too and then saw your post. I asked her if she had any info about when they'll be released, and she said she had no idea. She knew other states had begun releasing the results, but she said that they needed more time to process everything, so she wasn't sure. She said keep checking your email and online, you'll get an e-mail when they're up. I asked her if she knew if there is a chance they'll be posted today, and she said she didn't know.

So...different answers depending on who we talk to. 

Posted on the FB account:

" The CA Board has been notified that NCEES exam results are available. Please do not call the CA Board regarding exam results. We are working on providing the results as quickly as we can, but will not have them available before the end of next week. Continue to check in on the Board’s website and on the Board’s Facebook and Twitter next week for updates."

Also there's this in case anyone hasn't seen it:

Announcing Changes to the Application/Licensing Process:
EXAM RESULTS
Results for NCEES exams will provided to the applicant through your NCEES online profile. 
Results for California State exams will be sent through your email address of record. 
If You Pass the PE Exam:
You will receive a separate notification directly from the California Board with information regarding the status of your application for licensure.
If you have already submitted your application for licensure to the California Board, you will need to submit the Notice of Successful National Examination Form found on the California Board’s website at:

http://www.bpelsg.ca.gov/applic…/board_notification_form.pdf

and the California Board will then advise you of the status of your application for licensure. You can submit the Form through the Board’s Application Information email address at: [email protected] or you can submit the Form through regular mail (the United States Postal Service).

If you have not yet submitted your application for licensure to the California Board, you will need to do so by following the instructions on the California Board’s website at

http://www.bpelsg.ca.gov/applicants/lsappintro.shtml.

If You Fail the PE Exam:
You will need to register with NCEES once registration opens for their next administration of the examination. You do not need to submit a refile application, Reexamination Form, or in any way notify the California Board that you need to retake the NCEES examination.

Refile Applications have been modified and are now known as Re-examination Forms. The Reexamination Form only applies to California State Examinations and must be submitted to the Board by the posted Final Filing Date for the desired state examination. Reexamination Forms must be submitted if you want to schedule an examination you have previously failed. There is no application fee to submit a Reexamination Form to the Board; only the state exam fees need to be sent, as noted on the Re-examination Form. You do not need to notify the Board to register for or schedule any NCEES exams.

Posted on the FB account:

" The CA Board has been notified that NCEES exam results are available. Please do not call the CA Board regarding exam results. We are working on providing the results as quickly as we can, but will not have them available before the end of next week. Continue to check in on the Board’s website and on the Board’s Facebook and Twitter next week for updates."
That settles it then. No results today. Probably Tuesday or Wednesday keeping true to California tradition. Enjoy your weekend guys and try not to think about it too much! 

In my opinion, it's absurd that they won't release NCEES to provide the results now that they're forcing us to submit a follow-up form if we've successfully passed so that they can again evaluate our applications for licensure.

Oregon_Matt, I don't think they're validating anything again. If you open up the form, it literally only asks for your name, address and signature. It's pretty pointless if you ask me..they already have all that info, why they would ask us to send it in again I don't know. Also, it seems like the kind of thing that would be easier to do online since it will automatically populate their database, instead of us mailing it in and them doing it manually. The entire system is archaic and needs a revamp, along with the application process. However, if you find out you've passed the PE on Tuesday, I wouldn't worry about anything again, since from then on it's just a formality. 

Oregon_Matt, I don't think they're validating anything again. If you open up the form, it literally only asks for your name, address and signature. It's pretty pointless if you ask me..they already have all that info, why they would ask us to send it in again I don't know. Also, it seems like the kind of thing that would be easier to do online since it will automatically populate their database, instead of us mailing it in and them doing it manually. The entire system is archaic and needs a revamp, along with the application process. However, if you find out you've passed the PE on Tuesday, I wouldn't worry about anything again, since from then on it's just a formality. 
According to the Facebook page, we can submit by email: 

bpelsg.jpg

I'll just refresh this page every five seconds until we get a response to this, no biggie!
Loudog, it's a troll. The results were not released. Look at the board's Facebook and Twitter pages - they posted that the results will not be available until the end of next week. That's the only source you should trust. The earliest I would expect them would be Tuesday or Wednesday (if we're judging by the last few exam cycles). Relax for today and Monday, no use in going crazy since it came straight from the  board that no results are coming out today. 

Loudog, it's a troll. The results were not released. Look at the board's Facebook and Twitter pages - they posted that the results will not be available until the end of next week. That's the only source you should trust. The earliest I would expect them would be Tuesday or Wednesday (if we're judging by the last few exam cycles). Relax for today and Monday, no use in going crazy since it came straight from the  board that no results are coming out today. 
Thanks NJ. Do you know if it's true that the board has, at times, said it would take a certain amount of time for the results, and then delivered them before that quoted time?

Lou

Thanks NJ. Do you know if it's true that the board has, at times, said it would take a certain amount of time for the results, and then delivered them before that quoted time?

Lou
Yes, they do normally deliver them before the quoted time. However, not a week early, more like 2-3 days early. All my information is coming from reading posts here, so take it for what it's worth. In summary, California always lags ~4 business days behind the other states. Also, in the past, other states have released results on Thursdays, and California has followed on Tuesdays. I also believe that last year California said that the results would be released towards the end of the following week (similar to what they are doing now) and then they released them on Tuesday. All of this information combined is making me think that we will get the results on Tuesday at the earliest, and Wednesday at the latest.

I know it sucks waiting. I am pretty confident that I failed, I just want to see that red box so I can know for sure, enjoy my holidays, and then get back to the grind. And I also know it's easier said than done, but give yourself a break until Tuesday and stop checking and refreshing. Maybe check once an hour if it gives you peace of mind. There is no sense in driving yourself crazy over the next few days when the board itself has said that no results are coming out today. 

Best of luck and I hope you get some good news soon! 

Back