CA Seismic Review Course

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you want to pass one go, I would highly recommend EET http://www.eet-california.com/seismic_class_info

Dr. Ibrahim will go above and beyond to help you on an individual basis to pass the test. I have not any seen any instructor such as Dr. Ibrahim and there are no other course out there (from what I heard) that can compare to EET.

To pass the test, you must understand seismic principles and not just solve problems.

I just got my letter yesterday and passed on the first go and I do not have seismic background. All credit goes to EET!

oh... almost forgot... did any of you use the stuff listed in this link?

http://www.bpelsg.ca.gov/applicants/cerefs.shtml

I've been reading up on what the exam locations will allow test takers to bring in, and a bankers box looks like it will get filled up quick with all this junk.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

D

daxx, that extensive list is way overkill and is not necessary at all.

If you want to pass one go, I would highly recommend EET http://www.eet-california.com/seismic_class_info

Dr. Ibrahim will go above and beyond to help you on an individual basis to pass the test. I have not any seen any instructor such as Dr. Ibrahim and there are no other course out there (from what I heard) that can compare to EET.

To pass the test, you must understand seismic principles and not just solve problems.

I just got my letter yesterday and passed on the first go and I do not have seismic background. All credit goes to EET!

Your going to use maybe one or two books. Time crunch!!!

I think they list all those book to justify where they came up with the test questions.

Thanks everyone. I am an out of state PE preparing for the California Seismic exam this spring. On the advice of ptatohed I signed up for EET's course with textbooks. Looking forward it. And will hold ptater head personally responsible if I do not pass :)

Hiner's Course was very good. Very thorough. A lot of people I know really like him too.

Hiner's seismic course is very good. I took him and liked it. The man knows his stuff.

Seismic was my last exam to pass and I did it with Dr. Ahmed Ibrahim from EET-California.com .

In my opinion, he is the way to go. I took Hiner 2x and failed time and time again. I took a break from seismic until I passed the other two. I was hesitant to pay for another review class, but with 3 kids and a full time job, there was no other way I could focus. First off, the amount of hours for the price is worth it. 7 eight-hr classes with Ahmed. He also met with us mid-week online to go over problems. He even published a practice exam book that included a CD to download a software that mimics the computer exam. Invaluable!!!

After class was over, he still met with me online, one-on-one to go over problems. This would be 1-2x a week in the evenings after work and after the kids went to bed. He gave me undivided attention and he quizzed me over and over. I FINALLY grasped the concepts, theories and real world seismic situations.

He was a positive and encouraging teacher and mentor. He really wanted us all to understand and he did not sugar coat the amount of time and effort we all had to put into the preparation for us to pass. He called me the day before my test and he called me an hour after my exam to see how I was doing and how I felt.

The best part was that he actually broke the news to me of my passing results. He checked BPELSG database in the early morning and called to congratulate me on being a Licensed Civil Engineer. I will never forget that early morning call!

Now that you've read my story, get on his website and take his class. I had a great teacher and now a fellow colleague that I will keep in touch with for the rest of my career.

It seems there is lots of support for hiner. I watched his intro video on his site and it's quite boring. How does he fair with someone with a short attention span?

I attended Dr Ibrahim's class for seismic exam and pass it first time. I did choose Dr. I's class knowing that the small class size will be beneficial to me. His book is very comprehensive and Ahmed's style of teaching will keep you focused and interested about seismic principles.

He tries to keep everyone in the class involved and makes sure you keep up with the rest of the class. His years of experience in design and his educational background makes him an excellent teacher, you can throw at him any question about seismic principles. Class fee is reasonable or cheaper compared to other class.

I recommend his class plus plenty of study and practice hours to pass CA seismic easy.

http://www.eet-california.com/seismic_class_info/live_seminar

I researched this thoroughly. measured each seismic prep's pros and cons. My conclusion was, as many people in this board agree, that EET's (Dr. Ibrahim) course is THE best in the "market". Their CBT simulation exam is remarkably similar to the exam. Their book is concise. What I used in the exam was literally their summary sheets and table 12.2.1 from the ASCE, THAT'S IT. I highly recommend Dr. Ibrahim's webinars or live classes if you live up north. Good luck.

Has anyone failed the CA Seismic or Surveying even if they received a Marginal or Proficient in each area?

I took the Hiner’s course last fall and did not pass. After reading this forum and reviewing the sample contents of Dr. Ibrahim’s textbook, I immediately noticed the difference and signed up with EET for the live webinar this spring. Dr. Ibrahim is an excellent teacher. His dedication and passion are incomparable. His workbook is concise and comprehensive. His simulation practice exams are invaluable. It was great experience, and I felt well prepared in the end by sticking with the study plan and passed the exam confidently this spring. I highly recommended EET seismic class to anyone who would like to take the seismic exam with confidence.

Back