CA seismic and topo -June results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took both in June and only got Seismic results today... not sure if they always release both on the same day :(

Just got my results. Finally passed the last exam, seismic, after multiple failures.

Just got my results. Finally passed the last exam, seismic, after multiple failures.
Just got my FAILURE notice for Seismic. Took the Hiner class and studied ~ 90 hours for this exam. Have any advice for a what you did differently this time to pass? Congrats by the way!

Just got my FAILURE notice for Seismic. Took the Hiner class and studied ~ 90 hours for this exam. Have any advice for a what you did differently this time to pass? Congrats by the way!
I just got my failure notice too. We will pass it eventually! 🤞

@rdv128 sorry you got bad news today. I took EET and passed (fwiw, I have no background in structures or materials). While I wouldn't necessarily recommend spending another ~$500 on a different review course, they do offer their 3 practice exams for $85, which might be worth your money: 

http://www.eetusa.com/books/seismic-textbook

I took the exams under timed conditions and tried to go through them like I would in the actual exam. I think this is important - just because you know how to do a problem doesn't mean you SHOULD do it, as it might take way more time than it's worth. I think doing a practice exam in 2.5 hours is helpful to figure out which problems are worth your time and which end up just sucking away at the clock.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone report their last name initial that has received June results?  I'm an R and haven't received it yet.

I just got my failure notice too. We will pass it eventually! 🤞

I too failed the exam first time, I knew how to solve all of them but did not have enough time. For the second time, I practiced the practice exams without writing anything on paper, just using a calculator and had 10 minutes remaining at the end to go back and review some of my answers. So, I guess the trick is to practice solving problems without writing since most of them are plug and chug.

I too failed the exam first time, I knew how to solve all of them but did not have enough time. For the second time, I practiced the practice exams without writing anything on paper, just using a calculator and had 10 minutes remaining at the end to go back and review some of my answers. So, I guess the trick is to practice solving problems without writing since most of them are plug and chug.
Congratulations! Thanks for the tip. I definitely should have done more practice tests/problems...

Maybe they only got halfway done before the 5pm government buzzer?
I agree! Maybe the rest of the results will be released tomorrow!!!

It was already difficult to wait for the results - it is more difficult now!

I took Surveying on June 23. My initial is C. and I got my email around 3:45pm PT. 

And I haven't checked yet. It could/should be my last exam. I am so nervous. 😬

Edit: Passed! I'm a PE!!! Good luck guys. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back