Ca seismic and survey notification

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I appreciate your answer.  I am sure the board is doing his best to allow who submitted the application last July to get an answer. I hope to hear from them soon.
I called the board this moring they told me my application has been approved.Don't worry I feel your feelings because I was exactly in your siuation since few hours. you can contact me [email protected]

I called the board this moring they told me my application has been approved.Don't worry I feel your feelings because I was exactly in your siuation since few hours. you can contact me [email protected]

Just received the email today (at 12:55 PM) stating that my application was approved. What a relief. Based on the email and my coworkers' experience, we should be receiving the actual Authorization to Test (i.e., be able to schedule with Prometric) shortly. 

**Update**

I was able to speak with the Board this morning and they told me that my application in still under technical review. They haven't been able to tell me if additional information regarding my application are needed. They just told me to wait.

Anyone that is in my same situation?

Not sure if there is something else that i can do to understand if i will be able to sit the exam next October.

Thanks

**Update**

I was able to speak with the Board this morning and they told me that my application in still under technical review. They haven't been able to tell me if additional information regarding my application are needed. They just told me to wait.

Anyone that is in my same situation?

Not sure if there is something else that i can do to understand if i will be able to sit the exam next October.

Thanks

I was in a similar circumstance to you (passed April 2017 NCEES exam, received email stating I could submit my application before July 10 as a one-time exception for the Fall 2017 CA exams). I got my acceptance yesterday (9/5/17) at 12:55 PM, but I am still waiting on my Authorization to Test email so I can schedule with prometric. To answer your question, all you can really do is wait, hope for the best (that they reply to you before 9/18), but be ready for the bad news (not being to able to take the exam this cycle). If you do not receive any form of update before the 18th, I, too, would be frustrated regarding the email about the one-time exception.

I'm in a similar situation. I applied for Spring 2017 and received a response in March that they needed additional information on my experience which I provided it in May. I also passed the NCEES exam in April. Now, more than three months later, I haven't heard anything from them. I emailed last week requesting an update on the status of my application and have not received a response. I just called them today and I talked to someone and told them my situation, then they asked for the first letter of my last name and forwarded my call to a voicemail where I was asked to leave my name and applicant ID. Hopefully I will hear something soon!

I noticed the Board added this notice to their homepage: "ADDED AUGUST 31, 2017 - Authorization to Test notices (ATT) for Fall 2017 California State examinations (Civil Engineering Surveying, Civil Seismic Principles, Professional Land Surveyor, Traffic Engineer, and Geologist and Geophysicist Exams) have been sent out to approved candidates via email. To ensure delivery, check your spam or junk mail folder. Do not reply to these system-generated e-mails. If you need assistance, please contact [email protected] or (916) 263-2222."

I would say this is probably bad news for those of us who haven't heard anything as it implies everyone who will be authorized to take the exam has already received notification as of August 31st. 

I am studying for the exams and i really hope to take them next October. 

I will keep trying to contact the Board if i don't hear from them.

Just received the email today (at 12:55 PM) stating that my application was approved. What a relief. Based on the email and my coworkers' experience, we should be receiving the actual Authorization to Test (i.e., be able to schedule with Prometric) shortly. 
Did you pay the $425 one time?

Does anyone received Approval form the Board today?

I am still waiting

I have not received any notification of approval yet. I received an email from the board on July 24 stating that my application was submitted to technical review, and I haven't heard anything since. A lot of my coworkers got their authorization to test yesterday. The deadline to schedule our CA tests is September 18. Needless to say, I am worried.
I received my authorization to take the exams, but the email from the Board said a separate email will come 4-6 weeks before the tests dates to sign up with Prometric. It's cutting it pretty close to 9/18; surely I should be expecting this email soon?

I received my authorization to take the exams, but the email from the Board said a separate email will come 4-6 weeks before the tests dates to sign up with Prometric. It's cutting it pretty close to 9/18; surely I should be expecting this email soon?
If you have just received an email recently with your ATT notice and you haven't scheduled, go ahead and try contacting Prometric to schedule.  If that doesn't work, contact your Licensing Evaluator to resolve the issue.

Does anyone received approval to CA Tests in the last few days? thanks

Got my ATT today (09/12/17) just before the deadline to schedule CA exams (09/18/17). Here is a timeline of all correspondence with board.

1. 04/21/17 - Took NCEES 8 hour exam
  2. 05/25/17 - Received results notice from NCEES. Passed. 
  3. 06/13/17 - Received email from CA BPELSG, stating that all who passed April 2017 NCEES exam will be allowed to submit their applications for licensure until 07/10/17 in order to sit for Fall 2017 exams
  4. 07/03/17 - Mailed my application package for licensure via USPS priority mail (with a tracking number)
  5. 07/05/17 - CA BPELSG received my application package (tracked with tracking number)
  6. 07/12/17 - CA BPELSG cashed the check in my application package
  7. 07/20/17 - Received email from CA BPELSG, stating that my application package was received
  8. 07/24/17 - Received email from CA BPELSG, stating that my application package was referred to technical review
  9. 09/05/17 - Received email from CA BPELSG, stating that my application package was technically approved
  10. 09/12/17 - Received both Authorizations to Test for Fall 2017 CA Exams 
Hope this helps all applicants in understanding what to expect from the CA BPELSG, as far as timeline. I believe that the CA BPELSG may be switching to continuous testing for the CA specific exams very soon, so stay tuned to see what kind of changes will occur with the application procedure. 
i got my ATT yesterday (09/12/17). See the post above for timeline. 

Same boat here!

I got email from board on 7/26 saying it was under technical review and no updates since then. 

Same boat here!

I got email from board on 7/26 saying it was under technical review and no updates since then. 
Have you paid the $425 for application and specific exams? If you paid the application fees only, you have to pay the $300 fees of specific exams. If everything is Ok then you just have to wait. you be receiving the ATT on Tuseday at the latest.

Have you paid the $425 for application and specific exams? If you paid the application fees only, you have to pay the $300 fees of specific exams. If everything is Ok then you just have to wait. you be receiving the ATT on Tuseday at the latest.
I paid $425. My timeline is similar to k.heezy until it was sent for technical review. Now, I am getting worried that something is wrong with my application. 

Back