CA results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is absolutely no excuse for you Californians to wait this long when everyone else already released the results.

Another frustrating fact is that the letters are dated 7-10 days before the mailing date (something I read in the earlier posts). So if the board desired to be efficient, they could easily cut the turn around time by at least a week.

Hmm, 2 full working weeks to get from some administrator's desk through the mailroom? Sounds about right for a state job.

There is absolutely no excuse for you Californians to wait this long when everyone else already released the results.

Another frustrating fact is that the letters are dated 7-10 days before the mailing date (something I read in the earlier posts). So if the board desired to be efficient, they could easily cut the turn around time by at least a week.

Hmm, 2 full working weeks to get from some administrator's desk through the mailroom? Sounds about right for a state job.

Alighty people focus on the prize, not the judges. We all know this should be faster. The bottom line is some if not all of us are about to enjoy the fruits of our labor. I certainly want to know if I should be drinking or studying, but I'm not going to let that ruin the anticipation.

We all need to hang in there a few more days.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!!

Alighty people focus on the prize, not the judges. We all know this should be faster. The bottom line is some if not all of us are about to enjoy the fruits of our labor. I certainly want to know if I should be drinking or studying, but I'm not going to let that ruin the anticipation.

We all need to hang in there a few more days.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!!
You should be drinking after you get the results either way they come. Drink in celebration if you pass or have your last drink before you begin to study again. Either way, DRINK! :beerchug:

If they mail the results Friday, Nor Cal will get them Sat and us (So Cal) Monday. GL everyone.

i am currently working out of the country for 2 months and hence my mail is on hold. i emailed the board this week to ask if they could email me my results so that i could register for the fall exam if needed. they said that the deadline for re-file applications is actually august 28th and that results have not yet been released. so we do have plenty of time for refile...getting a head start on studying is a different story.

If you think about it, those in CA who pass the exam the first time get their results way earlier than everyone else in the US... about 2 years earlier!!

Only a couple of more days... good luck to those waiting for their results.

If you think about it, those in CA who pass the exam the first time get their results way earlier than everyone else in the US... about 2 years earlier!!

+1

PE in CA

Cons:

1. Wait additional 6 weeks for results.

Pros:

1. Apply with just 2 years experience (1 year for Master's)

2. No continuing education requirements.

I read somewhere in the Boards website that they take 1 day to update the "Licence Lookup" records after they mail out the results. I'm going away this weekend, so I will be looking at this. I also read from other posts that they put all examinees on the list, and the symbol that they put for your status determines whether or not you passed or not. Is this true. Do they put an "A" for active, and some other letter for not passing? Or they do not put your name on if you don't pass? Good Luck everyone.

+1

PE in CA

Cons:

Pros:

Cons:

2. Seismic exam

3. Surveying exam

I looked up a name of a friend who has taken the exam pre 2010, and has not passed yet. His name is not on there, so they must not put your name on there if you do not pass.

I looked up a name of a friend who has taken the exam pre 2010, and has not passed yet. His name is not on there, so they must not put your name on there if you do not pass.
If you do not pass the Civil PE and 2 CA state specific exams, your name will not appear on the board website. To my experience, they update the license look-up after several days of mailing results. Mail will come first.

+1

PE in CA

Cons:

Pros:

Cons:

2. Seismic exam

3. Surveying exam
Pros:

3. Application and re-file fee.

Cons:

4. My friend got his license during July 27, 2009 and need to renew the license by Dec 31, 2009.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've read several posts which say that the mailing of the results do not depend on the Board Meetings. In the meeting minutes however of the July 09 meeting, they agreed, in a closed session, the "cut-off" scores. This is the first year that they did not have a June or July meeting, and the next one is August 11th. So, I still have some concern. Hopefully Friday is the day though. Not knowing whether to start studying again or not is the worst part of it all + less time to study if you have to.

Just talked to PELS and they have now changed their tune to the end of the month which means earliest is by Friday the 23rd......so don't wait by the mailbox this week.

Sure enough. I just got off the phone with the advisor and she said, "The results will be mailed out within a week or two"...The saga continues.

pretty much they're a bunch of a**holes. it's what i've been saying since the seismic exam.

so if they will mail the results in a week or two from now, their 13 week deadline is not only just insanly long, but it also doesn't mean s h i t.

what they meant to say when we took the test was:

"you will get your results in 'bout 13 weeks, but count on it being more like 14-15"

I can picture the board of a**holes being like :gathering: "hehe, can you believe we can make those idiots wait for 13 weeks? muahaha!!!

Meanwhile were like: :tardbang: "any day now, any day now.... no wait in a few weeks"

:whipping: <- Random thought that just came through my head. fill in the blanks

Back