CA results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Am I the only one that thinks that something should be done about California being so hopelessly behind everybody else - Why should a person in Montana have 5-6 more weeks to study just because he is from Montana ??? They receive the result at the same time as everybody else - what is the problem - it is not like they give elaborate explanations as to why they have to be the nation slowest by a long shot. We all pay to them - where is the accountability??
I am assuming the results process might be quicker for this upcoming exam since everyone has to register through ncees.
I should add I am basing this on the FAQ they just posted about registering through NCEES:

2. What is the purpose of the National ID?

National ID’s will facilitate record keeping for applicants, states and NCEES.

7. When and how will I receive my admission notice?

NCEES will send you an email with login instructions to download and print your

Admission Notice in early October.

Based on these things, it looks like they might be setting up for email notification. It makes sense from a monetray point of view. Why spend all that money with postage and paper when you can email admission notices and results?

pels

Am I the only one that thinks that something should be done about California being so hopelessly behind everybody else - Why should a person in Montana have 5-6 more weeks to study just because he is from Montana ??? They receive the result at the same time as everybody else - what is the problem - it is not like they give elaborate explanations as to why they have to be the nation slowest by a long shot. We all pay to them - where is the accountability??
I am assuming the results process might be quicker for this upcoming exam since everyone has to register through ncees.
I should add I am basing this on the FAQ they just posted about registering through NCEES:

2. What is the purpose of the National ID?

National ID’s will facilitate record keeping for applicants, states and NCEES.

7. When and how will I receive my admission notice?

NCEES will send you an email with login instructions to download and print your

Admission Notice in early October.

Based on these things, it looks like they might be setting up for email notification. It makes sense from a monetray point of view. Why spend all that money with postage and paper when you can email admission notices and results?

pels
It you read from NCEES website it will still send the results to the CA board and they in turn (read several weeks most likely) will send the results out to the examinees. These are the new rules - obviously the CA board requested that the examinees did not get contacted directly.....

Last edited by a moderator:
The board meeting this year is not until early August. Hopefully they don't wait until mid July then pull the "due to workload and budget cuts the results are delayed until...". They are on a mandated reduced work schedule.

Xavier - relax! The results will come out in mid-July regardless of the Board meeting. Remember, they need to give those who didn't pass an opportunity to apply and, more importantly, pay for the next exam.

Don't let the anxiety of waiting for the results ruin the long weekend.
Nah, even the 12-13 ...eh 14 week wait can't ruin a good bbq. I wasn't really even worried about it until yesterday when PPI sent me a brochure for PE exam study materials. Hopefully it's just a mass mailer and

they don't know something I don't!

Nah, even the 12-13 ...eh 14 week wait can't ruin a good bbq. I wasn't really even worried about it until yesterday when PPI sent me a brochure for PE exam study materials. Hopefully it's just a mass mailer and

[Nah, even the 12-13 ...eh 14 week wait can't ruin a good bbq. I wasn't really even worried about it until yesterday when PPI sent me a brochure for PE exam study materials. Hopefully it's just a mass mailer and

I received this PPI material yesterday, but I don't think California would send out an address list of non-passers to private companies. That would be a breach of confidentiality.

I received this PPI material yesterday, but I don't think California would send out an address list of non-passers to private companies. That would be a breach of confidentiality.
I know people who passed five years ago and still get these ads.

One week left. I hope this is it for me.
I second that. This was my third attempt, all I need is seismic. I won't even have to open the letter to know the results. As soon as I pick it up I will know by the thickness. Feels like 1 sheet, pass. Feels like 2, fail.

All of us will pass this time! Trust.

I second that. This was my third attempt, all I need is seismic. I won't even have to open the letter to know the results. As soon as I pick it up I will know by the thickness. Feels like 1 sheet, pass. Feels like 2, fail.

Ditto. I needed the 8 hour and Seismic this time, which was my second attempt. Keep your fingers crossed!

At least the board should post something regarding the results on its website. Even if something vague like "Result release date is TBD". It is bad enough we have to wait the additional 5-6 weeks and now they are making us wait in the dark.

It would be nice if they at least acknowledged the test results on the website somewhere, there's nothing!

It would be nice if they at least acknowledged the test results on the website somewhere, there's nothing!
I think after last tests debacle, they may have quit that. Personally, I would rather just have the results show up rather than expect the results on a certain day and then on that day see an announcement that they are delayed a week.

I think after last tests debacle, they may have quit that. Personally, I would rather just have the results show up rather than expect the results on a certain day and then on that day see an announcement that they are delayed a week.
That's possible. But then again, they need to let the applicants know when to apply for duplicate letters.

That's possible. But then again, they need to let the applicants know when to apply for duplicate letters.
Doesn't that just show up with the results letter if you fail?

Doesn't that just show up with the results letter if you fail?
The applicants can apply for 'duplicate' letters if they never received the first one (lost in transit, never mailed out due to clerical error etc etc). The board wants them to wait a certain amount of time before requesting duplicates.

I am also just stuck with SEISMIC. I answered about 35 questions correctly. Not sure if that enough.

~ Gobol

Less than a week to go, allegedly. I hope my envelope is light and thin!

Back