CA results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now I was looking at the Meeting Minutes for 2008 and they had an early May meeting, then a meeting in late July where they determined the cut off scores. This year there is a meeting scheduled in Aug 11th and 12th- so we might not get results till August 13th! Its ridiculous for a test which can be graded by a computer + having to sign up and pay for another test.

Now I was looking at the Meeting Minutes for 2008 and they had an early May meeting, then a meeting in late July where they determined the cut off scores. This year there is a meeting scheduled in Aug 11th and 12th- so we might not get results till August 13th! Its ridiculous for a test which can be graded by a computer + having to sign up and pay for another test.

I don't think the results are dependent on the board meeting. For October 2009, I got my results January 23, 2010 and the board meeting wasn't until January 27, 2010.

Someone in NY check the website and pass the PE. The letter should be few days after by the end of this week or beginning of next week. If I remeber from last time that CA got the result 2 weeks after NY. I hope that will be 6/25 or 6/28...

I am waiting for the board statement regarding score release dates (similar to last year). Worst case scenario: 5 more weeks.

Wont be out for for a couple more months.
:laugh:

hang in there guys...
I'm doing what I can Dude!

Dude! we should hang out!

The CA results will be out in mid-July. It's always around the same week as due date for application filing.
I'm starting to see a theme here...

While we wait for another 5 weeks, here is some food for thought.... CA tested about 17,000 applicants last year (April+Oct). Had they charged an additional $100 per applicant, they would have generated an additional revenue of $1.7 million which could have potentially helped in reducing the turn around time for results (hire more people, pay overtime etc). How much more are you willing to pay?

While we wait for another 5 weeks, here is some food for thought.... CA tested about 17,000 applicants last year (April+Oct). Had they charged an additional $100 per applicant, they would have generated an additional revenue of $1.7 million which could have potentially helped in reducing the turn around time for results (hire more people, pay overtime etc). How much more are you willing to pay?
We already pay the highest sales, income, and business taxes in the entire country. May be the state can just use the money they already have more effectively.

Now that they are going to the website to register, maybe they will go to multiply choices for the SE and Geo and then we will all get results at the same time instead of messing up my summer plans in anticipation of the results

Someone in NY check the website and pass the PE. The letter should be few days after by the end of this week or beginning of next week. If I remeber from last time that CA got the result 2 weeks after NY. I hope that will be 6/25 or 6/28...

Well looks like NY got theirs this week. We shall see if CA gets in 2 weeks. I doubt it though.

No one took Enviromental in CA? I couldn't see any of the result for Environmental in Oct, 2009.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good point but the numbers still suggest a much lower passing rate than the national seeing as how the total for Cali is about the same as repeat takes nationally. Just was interesting to me and no doubt due to the increased study load of a two day test as opposed to a one day test everywhere else.

No one took Enviromental in CA? I couldn't see any of the result for Environmental in Oct, 2009.
CA doesn't offer the Environmental exam.

Good point but the numbers still suggest a much lower passing rate than the national seeing as how the total for Cali is about the same as repeat takes nationally. Just was interesting to me and no doubt due to the increased study load of a two day test as opposed to a one day test everywhere else.
I think we've also seen comments on this board about CA letting most anyone take the exams (with experience and no degree, etc.). That probably contributes to it as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wont be out for for a couple more months.
:laugh:

hang in there guys...
Next time CA goes to NCEES registration. Maybe this will finally speed up their results.
Doubt it. CA PELS' timeline (i.e. 13 weeks) isn't based on when the 8-hour exams are evaluated. They've got the state-specific exams (seismic, surveying) and the title-specific exams (structural and geotech - both hand-written) to evaluate before the results get "blessed" by the Board. After that, all pass/fail letters are sent at the same time, then it takes a few business days to update the online database.

The CA results will be out in mid-July. It's always around the same week as due date for application filing.

The board meeting this year is not until early August. Hopefully they don't wait until mid July then pull the "due to workload and budget cuts the results are delayed until...". They are on a mandated reduced work schedule.

The board meeting this year is not until early August. Hopefully they don't wait until mid July then pull the "due to workload and budget cuts the results are delayed until...". They are on a mandated reduced work schedule.

Xavier - relax! The results will come out in mid-July regardless of the Board meeting. Remember, they need to give those who didn't pass an opportunity to apply and, more importantly, pay for the next exam.

Don't let the anxiety of waiting for the results ruin the long weekend.

I just spoke with the board and they are mailing out the results on Friday, July 16th.

~ Gobol

I just spoke with the board and they are mailing out the results on Friday, July 16th.
~ Gobol
I spoke with the board about 2 weeks ago they told me that they would send the results out in the beginning of July - I guess I shouldn't be surprised that they send them on the 16th - even though it is surprising how they can send it out on a furlough day!?

Am I the only one that thinks that something should be done about California being so hopelessly behind everybody else - Why should a person in Montana have 5-6 more weeks to study just because he is from Montana ??? They receive the result at the same time as everybody else - what is the problem - it is not like they give elaborate explanations as to why they have to be the nation slowest by a long shot. We all pay to them - where is the accountability??

Am I the only one that thinks that something should be done about California being so hopelessly behind everybody else - Why should a person in Montana have 5-6 more weeks to study just because he is from Montana ??? They receive the result at the same time as everybody else - what is the problem - it is not like they give elaborate explanations as to why they have to be the nation slowest by a long shot. We all pay to them - where is the accountability??
I am assuming the results process might be quicker for this upcoming exam since everyone has to register through ncees.

Back