CA Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Although the letters will be mailed on the 14th, I am under the impression that the database will be updated before the letters are sent.
You might want to start checking the website by Monday.
No it will not. It has not been the last 10 administrations of the exam. You will be lucky if it is updated by the January 20.

Of course, this could be the year lightning strikes. But I'd be willing to bet not.

Last edited by a moderator:
what are the expectations for the cutoff for the Seismic and Survey exam for the Civil guys? I have been eagerly waiting for the pass rate for National exam, but NCEES seems to be working really hard and therefore, haven't updated their database yet.

Although the letters will be mailed on the 14th, I am under the impression that the database will be updated before the letters are sent.

What reason do you have to believe that the state would do anything ahead of or on time? They probably won't update it until the following Monday.
NY is a perfect example.
My friend pass the PE on Apr 2009. He got his result in mail on Sat. but his name did not appear on the website on Sat. However, his name appear on the website Monday.........

You will receive your result by mail first and the website comes second..............My friend thought the result mail on Thursday and he did not see his name appear on the website on Friday...and he is so disappoint himself on Friday night.....

what are the expectations for the cutoff for the Seismic and Survey exam for the Civil guys? I have been eagerly waiting for the pass rate for National exam, but NCEES seems to be working really hard and therefore, haven't updated their database yet.
Seismic = 27/50

Surveying = 33/50

I don't even know if I'll make those numbers.

What reason do you have to believe that the state would do anything ahead of or on time? They probably won't update it until the following Monday.
NY is a perfect example.
My friend pass the PE on Apr 2009. He got his result in mail on Sat. but his name did not appear on the website on Sat. However, his name appear on the website Monday.........

You will receive your result by mail first and the website comes second..............My friend thought the result mail on Thursday and he did not see his name appear on the website on Friday...and he is so disappoint himself on Friday night.....

Haha...but I bet all that disappointment was gone when he got his letter.

Seismic = 27/50

Surveying = 33/50

I am not Civil but where did you get this information?

Seismic = 27/50

Surveying = 33/50

I am not Civil but where did you get this information?
Just my guess. What's your discipline. chaocl?

So, I walked out of the cow palace thinking I passed. But now I’m second guessing myself. Has anyone here taken it, thinking they passed, but failed?

So, I walked out of the cow palace thinking I passed. But now I'm second guessing myself. Has anyone here taken it, thinking they passed, but failed?
Were there a lot of Mechanical guys there? I took in SD and around 100 people there sit in the Mechanical section. I saw a lot of people bury by the books while I only used two books - MERM and my binder (7 samples with the answer on the side). I have all tab on them and it is easy to flip the pages.

Don't know. It is hard to predict the passing numbers at this point. My brian remains frozen for the rest of the week any ways :)

So, I walked out of the cow palace thinking I passed. But now I'm second guessing myself. Has anyone here taken it, thinking they passed, but failed?
Were there a lot of Mechanical guys there? I took in SD and around 100 people there sit in the Mechanical section. I saw a lot of people bury by the books while I only used two books - MERM and my binder (7 samples with the answer on the side). I have all tab on them and it is easy to flip the pages.
I think there were around 100 mechanical examinees. Everyone I talked to was taking the HVAC depth exam, which you need more books for I guess. I took the fluids/thermal exam and all I used was my hp33 calc manual and the ppi review manual and a self bound book of charts graphs and quick references I made. I brought along some example problem books and marks handbook but didn’t use them.

I guess it should be around 300 Mechanical guys took in CA. The pass rate might be drop down from 57% to 46% pass rate.

Don't know. It is hard to predict the passing numbers at this point. My brian remains frozen for the rest of the week any ways :)
u said 'frozen for the rest of week', here its more like i have been sitting in the freezer ever since. but the countdown is on.. next Thursday is the release date..

7 DAYS TO GO....

i am actually more scared about the first day.. no clue what the national pass rate is, and no clue what raw score is needed to pass..

I am guilty of checking this site everyday. LOL. I don't even check the CA board for announcements.

I am waiting for the first post that says, "I PASSED!"

[SIZE=24pt]I PASSED!!![/SIZE]

[SIZE=8pt]Too soon? [/SIZE]:mf_followthroughfart:

Back