CA Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's great!!! I would have done the same thing. That's a valid excuse to visit California. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I'm sure you'll be back especially if you pass the CA PE!

That's awesome. I mean you must be working for sure, since you are writing the PE, and still if your buddies are paying for your expenses, then wow. Anyways, wishing everyone a happy new year, especially those who are waiting on the results.

I wonder what are the chances that the board meeting notice for Jan 26th on CA board website is a misnomer of sorts, and whether the results will be out before that, given the trend of early results from various states.

That's awesome. I mean you must be working for sure, since you are writing the PE, and still if your buddies are paying for your expenses, then wow. Anyways, wishing everyone a happy new year, especially those who are waiting on the results.
I wonder what are the chances that the board meeting notice for Jan 26th on CA board website is a misnomer of sorts, and whether the results will be out before that, given the trend of early results from various states.
The result will be out after the board meeting is over. Are you sure the board meeting is Jan 26 because I check the website and told meit is on Jan 27&28.

http://www.pels.ca.gov/about_us/schedule.shtml

Happy New Year to you and everyone in the Engineering Board!

Last edited by a moderator:
The result will be out after the board meeting is over. Are you sure the board meeting is Jan 26 because I check the website and told meit is on Jan 27&28.

http://www.pels.ca.gov/about_us/schedule.shtml

Happy New Year to you and everyone in the Engineering Board!
You bet it was Jan 26th couple of days back. So this is like rubbing salt in the wounds. You definitely have to wonder how the Board works!!!

Updated exam release info from the State of Ca Website. We only have to wait two more weeks!!! :multiplespotting:

Release of the October 2009 Engineering and Land Surveying Examination Results
RELEASE OF THE OCTOBER 2009 ENGINEERING AND LAND SURVEYING EXAMINATION RESULTS

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL RESULTS BE GIVEN OUT BY TELEPHONE OR E-MAIL.

The result letters are mailed to the candidates at their addresses of record. If you have changed your address of record since the examination and you have not yet notified the Board directly, you need to complete an Address Change Affidavit and fax it to the Board at (916) 263-2246. Submitting a change of address or forwarding request to the U.S. Postal Service is not sufficient; you must notify the Board directly.

Result letters are sent by U.S. Postal Service. We will not send out duplicate result letters until the dates listed below. Therefore, please do NOT contact the Board to request a duplicate result letter prior to the dates listed below.

The License Lookup database is updated once the result letters are mailed. The data must be transferred between databases and then uploaded to the License Lookup database. The program to update the License Lookup database is run overnight. Do NOT contact the Board asking when the database will be updated.

Anticipated Schedule for Mailing of Result Letters

ALL Professional Engineer (including GE and SE) Examinations

National Professional Land Surveyor Examination

EIT & LSIT Examinations

January 14, 2010

Duplicate Result letters available for mailing: January 25, 2010

Updated exam release info from the State of Ca Website. We only have to wait two more weeks!!! :multiplespotting:

The result letters are mailed to the candidates at their addresses of record. If you have changed your address of record since the examination and you have not yet notified the Board directly, you need to complete an Address Change Affidavit and fax it to the Board at (916) 263-2246. Submitting a change of address or forwarding request to the U.S. Postal Service is not sufficient; you must notify the Board directly.

Result letters are sent by U.S. Postal Service. We will not send out duplicate result letters until the dates listed below. Therefore, please do NOT contact the Board to request a duplicate result letter prior to the dates listed below.

The License Lookup database is updated once the result letters are mailed. The data must be transferred between databases and then uploaded to the License Lookup database. The program to update the License Lookup database is run overnight. Do NOT contact the Board asking when the database will be updated.

EIT & LSIT Examinations

January 14, 2010

THANKS A LOT GLEN. A VERY HAPPY AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE!!!

EIT & LSIT Examinations

January 14, 2010

THANKS A LOT GLEN. A VERY HAPPY AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE!!!
No problem, I have been anxiously awaiting the results and scanning the pels website daily. Good luck to all Ca test takers.

Yeah, me too, but somehow I didn't check it last night. And I'll prolly end up getting the mail last, since I'm an out-of-state candidate (MD). Although the website says that the online database is updated overnight, I wonder whether that's night of Jan 14th or later.

Yeah, me too, but somehow I didn't check it last night. And I'll prolly end up getting the mail last, since I'm an out-of-state candidate (MD). Although the website says that the online database is updated overnight, I wonder whether that's night of Jan 14th or later.
I have been obsessing over this. I hope we both get favorable results.

Since I took the exam in 2005, every administration since then, the website has never been updated until 2 or three days after amost everybody has their results from the mail. This may be the first time, but I doubt it. You will almost certainly already know one way or the other before they update the website.

Of course, that isn't going to stop anybody from checking every thirty seconds anyway. I only say this so people don't assume they failed if they don't see their name in the db on the night of the 14th. THe only way you might see it in the DB first is if you are out-of-state or your mail is otherwise delayed.

One other thing - once they decide to release the results they come pretty fast. If they say the 14th, many people in Northern CA will know by the 15th. Most people should get it by the 16th (assuming they deliver mail on all those days).

Good luck.

Since I took the exam in 2005, every administration since then, the website has never been updated until 2 or three days after amost everybody has their results from the mail. This may be the first time, but I doubt it. You will almost certainly already know one way or the other before they update the website.
Of course, that isn't going to stop anybody from checking every thirty seconds anyway. I only say this so people don't assume they failed if they don't see their name in the db on the night of the 14th. THe only way you might see it in the DB first is if you are out-of-state or your mail is otherwise delayed.

One other thing - once they decide to release the results they come pretty fast. If they say the 14th, many people in Northern CA will know by the 15th. Most people should get it by the 16th (assuming they deliver mail on all those days).

Good luck.
I believe that's what is going to happen. They will update the database the week following the 14th. One of my buddies in MD who took the CA exam also got the mail before the website was updated. Given that the final outcome is positive, nothing else matters. The countdown is on.

I think that I will also get last. I am out-of state candidate (NY)...I thought that I should be getting my result around Jan 30 or Feb 1 but I am wrong. According to thet website that I should get it after Jan 14 (I guess that I should get it by Jan 19)

I felt my heart pounding after reading the post concerning the 14th of January result date.

Can we postpone it till February...lol

Im royally tired of waiting on VA...dont see how you guys do it
This time around, the wait for CA candidates is not too bad :) . You guys will be getting it sometime later this week, and the ones in CA will hopefully have their letters by next Saturday. But yeah, the wait is definitely killing, especially since NCEES is taking so long to update their database for pass rates. I mean come on, atleast try help us have some idea as to how many people are getting through..

I guess the results will be mailed on January 14, 2009. That’s next week. Hang in there guys, the results are almost here.

Although the letters will be mailed on the 14th, I am under the impression that the database will be updated before the letters are sent.

You might want to start checking the website by Monday.

Although the letters will be mailed on the 14th, I am under the impression that the database will be updated before the letters are sent.

What reason do you have to believe that the state would do anything ahead of or on time? They probably won't update it until the following Monday.

What reason do you have to believe that the state would do anything ahead of or on time? They probably won't update it until the following Monday.
NY is a perfect example.

as long as it shows my name, i don't care if its Monday or Friday or later.

Back