CA Civil - Seismic and Surveying

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So this is my first time taking this test. I passed 8 hr. I passed seismic but I did not pass Surveying. FYI I'm a structural engineer. Why does California have to require more than the minimum? WHY?

Civil Dawg and Daakbool. Did you take a review course for surveying ? Do you use surveying at work. I am trying to find a good survey review course for non surveyors. I studied Boniface and Mansour's work book, It didn't help much. The exam had more drawing based problems.

OMG, I just found out I passed all 3 exams in 1st attempt !!!!! I am officially a CA PE now :Chris:

I passed all three first time taker (structure). Good luck to everyone.

Civil Dawg and Daakbool. Did you take a review course for surveying ? Do you use surveying at work. I am trying to find a good survey review course for non surveyors. I studied Boniface and Mansour's work book, It didn't help much. The exam had more drawing based problems.
usbrwaterdog sorry I can't give any better advice but I used the PPI problems and Mansour's workbooks like you did. I'm structural so don't use survey any other than a few times going to the field and use a total station to obtain existing data. My only advice would be to draw out the problems as you work them and make sure you know SOHCAHTOA and law of sines/cosines like the back of your hand

First time taker
Passed 8 hr Structural and Surveying
Failed seismic :(
I just graduated. I was planning to use PE status to get some leverage when applying for a job, now I will have to wait 6 months :(
Congrats to everyone who passed..Best of luck to future candidates.

I am a bridge guy and so had some exps on fundamental highway geometry and alignment at work.

Reza's book was only reference I looked at.

I thought the exam was more like a geometry test than I expected. Hope you this helpful for your plan.

Back