CA certificates?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same here got my pocket card for TRAFFIC ENGINEER license.

I read some time ago that the board will no longer send out plastic pocket card and instead they will be contracting this to an outside agency and people who would like to have a plastic card can order it from the agency. Any news on this ?

Gobol

I got my "pocket card" also, and was going to have it laminated. I didn't see the letter, my wife opened it, so don't know if there is anything about being able to order a plastic one.

I got my "pocket card" also, and was going to have it laminated. I didn't see the letter, my wife opened it, so don't know if there is anything about being able to order a plastic one.
I'm going to wait on laminating mine. This one expires in June anyway.

I got my pocket thingie too, but question is - what is this for? It says to keep it with you at all times. What ?? it's not containing the my blood type and emergency contacts...Like I am shopping on a Saturday and all of a sudden I need to stamp something...or need to show it to the (engineering) police.

Anybody can make sense of this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, They act like they are sending a "Proof of Insurance" for driving a car. Paper does not last very long in my wallet. I even destroy credit cards in about 6 months :). I would have to get it laminated or buy a plastic copy. I think it just a big mistake + there is nothing in the laws which require you to carry around an ID with your licence proof on it for the police to check on you. :mf_boff:

You will get a wall cert. You might get a plastic card later - I got one last year.

You guys are overanalyzing this paper card. Carry it if you want, don't if you don't want to.

As long as you legally have a license all you really need is your stamp.

You will get a wall cert. You might get a plastic card later - I got one last year.
You guys are overanalyzing this paper card. Carry it if you want, don't if you don't want to.

benbo - how big is your wall certificate? If I dont get mine soon I'm just going to have to get a frame and have the movers pack it.

benbo - how big is your wall certificate? If I dont get mine soon I'm just going to have to get a frame and have the movers pack it.
8.5 x 11. It's okay, not super fancy. If you got the EIT in California recently it is identical to that;.

8.5 x 11. It's okay, not super fancy. If you got the EIT in California recently it is identical to that;.
Nope, did my EIT in MD and didnt even get a certificate.

Why does my license expire so soon? I just got it in January? Help me remember the rules.
Because they want your money.

They'll bill you a few months adfter your first get your license. After that it's every two years.

Why does my license expire so soon? I just got it in January? Help me remember the rules.

They'll bill you a few months adfter your first get your license. After that it's every two years.
If you look at one of the documents on there, it says your exam fee covers your first 3 months of license fees. Unfortunately, if you fail and have to retake it, your fee is still the same amount. So basically if you fail, you're paying for an extra 3 months of a license and not even getting it also known as the CA PE Fail Tax.

If you look at one of the documents on there, it says your exam fee covers your first 3 months of license fees. Unfortunately, if you fail and have to retake it, your fee is still the same amount. So basically if you fail, you're paying for an extra 3 months of a license and not even getting it also known as the CA PE Fail Tax.
I paid plenty of the CA PE Fail Tax and am glad to say I am never going to contribute to that one again.

I paid plenty of the CA PE Fail Tax and am glad to say I am never going to contribute to that one again.
That's funny, I never even thought about the fail tax when I failed the first time. I think the tax is a small concession after all the waiting and the huge disappointment. At least I only paid the tax once. Glad to be in the minority this time around.

How count my friend pass the exam on Apr, 2009 has different pocket ID as mine. I received the paper style pocket ID but his is a "plastic pocket ID (which looks like a credit card".......................

Latest posts

Back