Bring Back the Lunch Thread !!!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2 questions.

What is this instant pot you speak of?

What is an air fryer?
The instant pot is a pressure cooker combo with multiple functions depending on which model you get.  Mines not the newest or best out there but it can seriously do magic, plus it's blue tooth enabled so I can monitor the pot from anywhere in the house.  I think mine has 7 functions but I can only think of 6 right now... Rice, Slow cooker, Yogurt, Saute, Steam, and various pre-programed buttons, plus a manual button for pressure cooking.

The air fryer is kind of like a counter top convection oven except the space is smaller and the air is moving faster so the foods crisp up like they would have if fried.  I've done some pretty awesome 'fried fish' in there and you couldn't tell that there was no oil added (it's not completely oil free because obviously the food has some oils in it, but the basket design lets those drain off for the most part)  

trying something new from aldi, shrimp with asparagus, couscous, red onion and spelt.    not too bad, the slices of red onion are bit too large for my tastes, but that makes them easier to take out

I miss Aldi so much.

Yesterday I had Ramen. Of the TOP variety. Chicken packet.

Today, I will have http://ilcorvopasta.com/ and won't know what's on the menu til we get there. Intern's last day so we're celebrating. Everything is made fresh day-of! so good. 

can anyone run to a publix deli and bring me one of their philly cheese steaks?  Or would uber eats work for that?

Had some leftover shrimp scampi/pasta that the wife made the other night, good stuff :)

A few strips of grilled chicken over spinach, with edamame, microgreens, kalamata olives, feta, a hard boiled egg, and Caesar dressing. Plus an apple!

was on the other side of town getting an tire rotation done so I stopped for qdoba 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back