Bring Back the Lunch Thread !!!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn I miss homebrewing.

The time I skunked it was when I was trying to make a batch of some sort of ale with maple syrup in it. It served the role of some of the sugars for fermentation. I just opened the carboy, opened the jar of syrup, and poured it in.

Got a little lax with sanitation - didn't wash my hands, probably should have boiled the syrup first, etc.

A weeks later I snuck a taste at bottling time and it tasted like gauze. It wasn't going to get any better in the bottles, so I just dumped it.
Funny you mention that. My boss is doing the same thing right now, only I believe he's adding some of the syrup during bottling. I'll be sure to have him label his bottles with a Band-Aid for shits and giggles.

THere is absolutely nothing wrong with you Mudpuppy. I agree on all counts. I tried to like beer since it is the social drink, but I just can't do it. Also anything made by anhishser-busch even the non-alcoholic stuff gives me a headache within 15 minutes of the first gulp.

THere is absolutely nothing wrong with you Mudpuppy. I agree on all counts. I tried to like beer since it is the social drink, but I just can't do it. Also anything made by anhishser-busch even the non-alcoholic stuff gives me a headache within 15 minutes of the first gulp.
Well, there's your problem...

Arby's chicken tenders, jr roast beef sandwich with pepperjack cheese, and a cherry turnover.

Back