Bring Back the Lunch Thread !!!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I go to the grocery store (Harris Teeter) near my office at least 3 times a week for lunch. I did so today as well. They have Boar's Head sub sandwiches for $3.49, they used to be $2.99. I can't make a sandwich at home for that price. Plus they have all the fixings that make them extra good.

^retentive much? I suppose you organize the dishes in the dishwasher too.

<--- eats leftover sammiches even if soggy

Soggy sammiches are nasty. I remember my parents would make these really good sandwiches for our random day trips only to end up not eating them because the tomatoes and pickles made the bread soggy. We eventually switched to PB&J, and the trick to keep them from going soggy was to put PB on both slices of bread and the jelly in the middle.

Soggy sammiches are nasty. I remember my parents would make these really good sandwiches for our random day trips only to end up not eating them because the tomatoes and pickles made the bread soggy. We eventually switched to PB&J, and the trick to keep them from going soggy was to put PB on both slices of bread and the jelly in the middle.
I love tomatoes and pickles and all that, but only usually put them on a sandwich I'm just about to eat at the time. Not a soggy fan either, though if you use a slightly stale roll you can get away with it.

The thing that makes me cringe are the time when the sandwich sits out a little too long, and the cheese has sort of melted and reformed. The way it gets slick and sticks to my mouth is awful.

i'm thinking I might try the subway tuna sandwich on fri...I am very picky about my tuna salad (mayo to tuna ratios etc) so it will be interesting

Soggy sammiches are nasty. I remember my parents would make these really good sandwiches for our random day trips only to end up not eating them because the tomatoes and pickles made the bread soggy. We eventually switched to PB&J PBR, and the trick to keep them from going soggy was to put PB on both slices of bread and the jelly in the middle.
Fixed it for you

I'm one of those people who when I packed sandwiches for lunch, the fixings go into a separate container so they won't make the bread soggy...
Tried this, but every thing ends up smelling/tasting like pickles anyway. I've found that my sammich is fine if I cut the tomatoes and pickles first and rollem up in a paper towel to mop up xtra liquid. When I'm done with the rest of sammy halves construction I add the pickles and tomatoes to the top layers. This (like Dex's PBJ barrier) builds a dam between the bread.

I'm one of those people who when I packed sandwiches for lunch, the fixings go into a separate container so they won't make the bread soggy...
Tried this, but every thing ends up smelling/tasting like pickles anyway. I've found that my sammich is fine if I cut the tomatoes and pickles first and rollem up in a paper towel to mop up xtra liquid. When I'm done with the rest of sammy halves construction I add the pickles and tomatoes to the top layers. This (like Dex's PBJ barrier) builds a dam between the bread.
I've done that too... if the day is planned for in the field, then I usually cross my fingers and hope the lettuce, cheese and meat will act as a barrier. But during the summer never seems to work as well.

Just walked over to the HQ building with a co-worker... she went to BK and I went to Froots. I ordered a BBQ flyer wrap. I didn't get a BBQ flyer wrap. I ended up with a grilled turkey, ham, chicken and bacon with lettuce and some strange white sauce with black flakes in it that I can't identify by taste on wheat ciabata bread. I'm glad that they screwed up since after I walked back I thought about how many sugars are in BBQ sauce, but I'm confused by the sauce on this. (and no I didn't get another person's sandwich because I was the only one in there, they seriously just screwed mine up that bad)

Leftover turkey chili mac, cheese stick, yogurt, cherry coke zero and a slice of chocolate coffee whiskey cake.

Back