Badger & Blade

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you can top 30 seconds, then more power to you. That's what it takes me with my Braun Series 7. But I also have a goatee.

30 seconds is a little bit of a reach, I'd probably shave the first three layers of skin off in the process. But this conversation reminds me of the episode of the office where Michael is telling Dwight (I think, maybe its the other guy) how much more efficient he is than Dwight and that's why he's the manager. He says, "for example, how long does it take you to brush your teeth?" To which Dwight (or whoever) responds, "I don't know, a minute?". and Michael says, "See! It takes you twice as long as me."

I go with grain, rinse razor / flip to other edge, then up grain; then re-lather, side-grain on neck anyways, touch up wherever else. I only blade shave every other day, use an electric on in-between days, so if I get up maybe 3 min. earlier on blade shave days, I have no probs. I don't mind taking a little bit longer, I have to get up at 5-ish so am not fully conscious till after getting face washed & soaped up anyways.

I'm currently using the gillette fusion since i got the blades on sale. I can usually stretch them out to about a month and a half or so, but I only shave every 2-3 days. I've been using the Aveeno shaving gel and it's hands down better than the Edge I was using before. It's really smooth even going against the grain.

wow only every 2-3 days...mr snick would have a near full beard if he didn't shave for 2-3 days. 5 o'clock shadow before lunch for him

Yeah, three days is pushing it sometimes, but I can easily get by shaving every two days. I tried growing a beard in college, but failed miserably, haha.

Latest posts

Back