Baby Boomers, GEN X, GEN Y...

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What you be???

• Baby Boomer

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Generation X

Votes: 20 76.9%
  • Generation Y

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters
Rebel Yell is the second album by British punk rock artist Billy Idol, released in 1983. It was very successful with four singles on the U.S. Hot 100 charts, while the album reached #6 on the U.S. Billboard 200 album charts. The album has been certified by RIAA 2x platinum and by BPI silver.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebel_Yell_(album)

I think the point Wolv was trying to make is that we were the only generation to be of "proper" age to enjoy said album.

Wasn't Rebel Yell post Gen-X? I thought he was solo at that point.

[edit: you are correct sir; clarification: GenX=>Billy Idol=>RebelYell=>GenX]
Rebel Yell is the second album by British punk rock artist Billy Idol, released in 1983. It was very successful with four singles on the U.S. Hot 100 charts, while the album reached #6 on the U.S. Billboard 200 album charts. The album has been certified by RIAA 2x platinum and by BPI silver.
My mom owned that Billy Idol album....
...aaaand there we have our first three bonified Gen Xers! (Four if you count me).
I would not have guessed CSB's Mom, but there you have it.

"IN THE MIDNIGHT HOUR, SHE CRIED MORE, MORE, MORE-er-or,

WITH A REBEL YELL, MORE, MORE, MORE!

MORE, MORE, MORE-er! "

Last edited by a moderator:
idol_2.jpg

WAAAAHHHHHHHOOOOOWWWWWWW!!!!!!!

"IN THE MIDNIGHT HOUR, SHE CRIED MORE, MORE, MORE-er-or,

WITH A REBEL YELL, MORE, MORE, MORE!

MORE, MORE, MORE-er! "
Just reading that made me bop my head. :th_rockon:

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely before my time, though I was born in '77, we live a sheltered life. No MTV or fancy stuff like that. Looked it up on youtube, the video is hilarious.

GenXers were the last to experience the legal thrill of driving down the road in a Camaro with the rear end jacked up, the rear wheels sticking out while a cold can of PBR rested between your legs and Boston screamed through the eight track on Jensen triax speakers.

Echo Boomers:

• Want to be part of a crowd, think of a phone as a person and believe that staying connected is important
Some random stay-at-home mom asked for my number at the big box store last week, then texted me to ask if I wanted to set up a playdate for our kids. I didn't respond because I'm not interested in making new friends...yet I spend hours on this board every week reading the musings of complete strangers. That made me think of this description of Gen Y.
Just curious: Why did you give some "randonm stay-at-home mom" your number in the first place?

Just curious: Why did you give some "randonm stay-at-home mom" your number in the first place?
We chatted for a long time first so it would have been rude to say "No, I don't want to give you my number". And I know how isolating it feels to be a first-time mom, so I was hoping I would be more motivated to make friends even though we seem to have nothing in common.

GenXers were the last to experience the legal thrill of driving down the road in a Camaro with the rear end jacked up, the rear wheels sticking out while a cold can of PBR rested between your legs and Boston screamed through the eight track on Jensen triax speakers.
Yes, see? The Captain gets it.
"WITH A REBEL YELLLLLL..."

I suppose by those standards, I am not a gen x, I was under the age of ten when I was singing that song...
Definitely before my time, though I was born in '77, we live a sheltered life. No MTV or fancy stuff like that. Looked it up on youtube, the video is hilarious.
If either of you experienced even the slightest trace of rocking out, you are GenX.

Though we did listen to Kenny Rogers and the Beach Boys on 8-track.
Er, maybe not MP though.

I seem to recall a lot of AC/DC Back In Black on the tape deck in high school. It was still a recent album back then.

It was a 1968 Mustang coupe with speaker cut outs in the back, and Licensed to Ill that was released in 1987 sounded equally good to Rebel Yell...

You've gotta fight for your right to PAAAAAR-TAY!

I seem to recall a lot of AC/DC Back In Black on the tape deck in high school. It was still a recent album back then.
The tapes I had to buy multiple copies for because I listened to them too much and broke the tape:

AC/DC: Back In Black, Dirty Deeds, Highway to Hell, For Those About to Rock

Sex Pistols: Never Mind the Bollocks

Hooters: Nervous Night

Smithereens: especially for You

The cars: Candy-O, Heartbeat City

Tom Petty: Damn the Torpedoes, Hard Promises

Cowboy Junkies: The Trinity Sessions

Back