Baby back ribs

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4114S90VWXL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

slurping off the bone sounds really disgusting and I don't think the dude rolls that way
here's an opportunity to take something out of context:

I did some bone sucking last night

Of course I mean the rib bones, but I cannot expect everyone (or anyone) on this board to let that low hanging fruit pass without a comment.

Speaking of which, did anyone see Deadliest Catch last night. I missed it and I guess I'll watch it on Hulu tonight.
I taped it old school VHS style on an older 3 in 1 TV/VCR/DVD we have in the bedroom. Between recovering from the operation and the pain meds, I was out cold before Mike Rowe could even say, 'The vast Bering Sea...'

I'll probably get to it this weekend. I went back to work today and am completely wiped out right now.

I demolished those legs... from the time they were hot enough to eat they did not travel more than four feet in their entire journey to my stomach!

I have enough crab-infused clarified butter left to sear my scallops in...

Well... as the last few minutes of my revisit to bachelor-hood tick down, I will write one last post before letting this thread die... The pork chops last night were everything that I hoped they could be. I saved the bacon wrapped scallops for last as a triumphant finale to a great week of food... no vegetables, no side dishes, just shellfish and pig. I figured that bacon wrapped scallops were a well suited finale, since that is my favorite pig product combined with a strong contender for my favorite shellfish (probably favorite seafood). They were awesome btw, I don't mean to brag, but I cooked them perfectly, crispy seared crust on the outside, moist and tender on the inside... mmm...

But as much fun as it has been, eating my favorite foods,watching whatever I want on TV, having the whole bed to myself, I will be happy to have her back in that bed with me tonight. And on that note, I must go to the airport to pick her up!

^ You're gonna smoke her out of the house all weekend from all the stuff you ate though!

I like bachelor week from time to time too, but once it gets longer than that it gets kinda lonely.

I like this board, and most of the people on it, but boiling ribs is against my personal constitution.
Ribs, should be smoked, in a smoker for 4-6 hours. Period.

I guess if you don't have access to a smoker it is o.k., but give the old school way a shot!
I have had all kinds of random results using this method when also smoking a brisket and sausage. The maine problem is overdone, and possibly dried out on one side. I am trying the crockpot method today since I didn't have time to prepare a brisket too, and tend to a smoker all day with my wife going to work tonight.

what you do is forget the baby back ribs, and go for the unbeatable country style beef ribs. not enough meat on those little things anyway. and you can usually skip the pre-boil if you watch the ribs closely. dry vs. wet rub? depends on the mood.

I have had all kinds of random results using this method when also smoking a brisket and sausage. The maine problem is overdone, and possibly dried out on one side. I am trying the crockpot method today since I didn't have time to prepare a brisket too, and tend to a smoker all day with my wife going to work tonight.

2 words:

TOO HOT

Gotta be Slow and low (225 F)

Back