Baby back ribs

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No luck finding smoked ribs... so I am doing my best... I found some baby backs, I put a dry rub on them (featuring some chipotle chilies I had laying around). I made some wood chip packets for smoke and have the ribs on the top rack on the grill on low heat... the wood chips are putting out some good smoke, and I have more soaking so I can throw them on in an hour or so... I'll keep you updated to the progress, hopefully they should be good to go in 3-4 hours.

mmm... they are looking good... starting to form a good crust from the rub. I just put on smoke packet # 2

sounds like you're on top of it, slow cooking is the key to tender ribs...

I've been basting with a mixture of the spice rub, vinegar and beer... soon I will switch to bbq sauce vinegar and beer... a few minutes before they come off I will use the bbq sauce to glaze.

yes! I am so hungry... the smell of smoke has managed to permeate throughout my house... I cannot wait!

too late I demolished them... I was supposed to take a picture for my fiance too, but I forgot... those were **** good! I am painfully full and have bbq sauce crammed into every pore... **** that was worth the effort!

edit: and now there's bbq sauce all over my keyboard!

Last edited by a moderator:
*drool* I'm so glad I've already scheduled to eat dinner with my sister at The Shed or I would be so jealous. The Shed was featured on Diners Drive Ins and Dives. It's called The Shed because when they applied for a building permit they put that they were constructing a shed on the application.

Is today scallop day?

^ As far as ribs, I could take 'em or leave 'em. I don't really like gnawing stuff off a bone, so I prefer the country style boneless ones.

Scallops on the other hand, I'd eat those every day of the week. Other than lobster or crab, my wife isn't a shellfish fan, so I only usually get to have shrimp or scallops when she's out of town or we're at a restaurant.

VTEnviro,

If you are "gnawing stuff off the bone" you haven't had properly prepared ribs!

I don't like gnawing on them either.

*drool* I'm so glad I've already scheduled to eat dinner with my sister at The Shed or I would be so jealous. The Shed was featured on Diners Drive Ins and Dives. It's called The Shed because when they applied for a building permit they put that they were constructing a shed on the application.
Is today scallop day?
I justy watched that episode.... looks real good!

Today is crab leg day, tomorrow is scallops!

It was going to be, but since I took tuesday off, I decided to invest the time into smoking the ribs... I should have recorded deadliest catch so I could watch it tonight while eating the legs!

Back