Anybody got raise this year? Then how much?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a measly 3.6% raise for passing my PE - Electrical exam. I actually was so pissed I gut the guts to go to my boss and tell him I was dissapointed by it. He told me he had to argue with upper management to just get me this raise and that salaries have been for the most part frozen for the past 3 years at the company. So, I started looking for a new job, got an offer that was basically in the same ballpark.

Generally depressed by the whole industry now. I read through the thread and it confirms what I've heard from others. That the only way to get substantial raises is to switch jobs, but it kinda makes no sense to me. Especially with a younger engineer like myself, the amount of time and money they spent on training us, only to have us leave because they are not willing to shelve out a couple extra grand to keep us happy? It seems insane, but it is what it is.

Back in July, I got a 20% raise because they knew I was ready to leave. I got a 2.5% raise rolling into this year based on reviews. If HR comes through on a potential nuclear assignment (same company), I'll have another 28% raise on my base salary, but all that does is offset my current living allowance for being a road whore.
28% is not that much for being a road whore unless your already over 100k a year, then 28k extra is not to shabby. I guess it depends on if you get to go home to your wife every night and the benifits that come with that.

I can assure you, rimming is not one of those benefits.

Ain't she a beaut?

Buddy%20L%20Catapult%20and%20Monocoupe%20Airplane%20set.gif

2.7%. Yeehaw... but my 2010 bonus was better than years past since the company did so damn well. I guess I'm happy about that.

We got a nice bonus this year (paid out on Tuesday), but apparently the board of directors thought we met too many of our goals and our bonuses were a bit too high... so they've reworked the bonus calculation scheme, and we expect a significantly smaller one next year. Oh well.

I'm putting mine to good use - shoving it in the bank... started the application process for grad school. Will it be worth it? I dunno. But I've decided I want a Masters' degree to go with my shiny new PE certificate.

I got a promotion this year, so I received a 5.5% raise instead of the 2.5% cost of living. Not a huge jump considering this is my first raise since passing the PE, but I'm not going to complain too much. I'm looking forward to my bonus from the project that is finishing up since our bonuses are based on project success. It should be a really nice check sometime toward the end of the year.

We got a letter that our end of year bonus will be about half what its been the last two years. Which means Ive already taken about a 5% pay cut for the year.

We got a letter that our end of year bonus will be about half what its been the last two years. Which means Ive already taken about a 5% pay cut for the year.
if it is a bonus then it should still be a plus. should never count bonuses as expected income...silly boy ;)

I got a 5.5% raise this year along w/ a promotion (would have been 2.75-3% w/o promotion). We get 5-6% (varies based on profit) of our salary put into our 401k each year, but no monetary bonuses. I was somewhat peeved that the promotion only got me 5.5%, but after joining this site today and reading up somewhat it doesn't seem that bad. Glad I found this site. Good source of info for a noob like me.

Hopefully once I pass my PE next year I'll get a nice bump, but I'll believe it when I see it.

We'll be adding a sizeable chunk of my bonus to the mortgage. Should shave a good amount of time off that sucker.

No increased pay or bonuses in four years, but plenty of additional responsibilities in fewer hours. Does that count as a raise?

Latest posts

Back