Anybody got raise this year? Then how much?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been here for 3 years, nice bonuses, but no raise for the past 2 years...Waiting to hear something from the boss on my new PE. I'm guessing they're going to raise my billing rate...

I got a 7% raise and promotion for finishing my MBA in September. In reality, it is a 3.5% raise since they arbitrarily waited 6 months for the promotion until I graduated even though I have been doing the same thing for at least a 6 months (really closer to 18 months).

The really test will be in March when we go through the normal review process. I have a feeling that getting mid-year raise will be used against me when determining my raise. Hopefully it won't impact my bonus, but either way I hope to be out of here by mid year.

Last edited by a moderator:
got a 7.3% raise starting my next check, maybe another coming now that I passed my PE?

before that, it had been almost 3 years since my last raise.

looks like mr snicks company had a good second half in 2010, so this yrs yr end bonus which they get at the end of Jan is likely to be in the 4 digits. :party-smiley-048:

Still no word here on raises/bonuses, but I think we did pretty well, all things considered. I got myself back up to what I should have been making since '08, after going through a 20% pay redux this time last year, then back up to a 5% redux until about November. Another increase would be great, but for right now, I'll take what I have and be thankful for it. This is my resolution: to be more thankful/greatful for what I have. As Mary says, "Attitude is everything!" :)

Got a whopping 1.4% raise this year, the lowest annual raise for the military since 1962. I must have missed the memo that said world peace broke out and that two wars aren't still going on.

Will not know until March. I am looking forward to see what excuse the company use this year to cut the bonuses since we did meet all the goals. :party-smiley-048:

But they said be ready for a 50% reduction from last year's bonus, when the company did meet only 7/10 goals.

In the meantime the wife of our CEO travels around the world thanks to an annual 100k allowance the big shot negotiated in his contract.

We were really blessed to have a wee bit more in our bonuses this year than last year. But the bonuses are only 10% of what they used to be. We took a 50% paycut for over half the year (with the option of being laid off to collect unemployment - which would be more than any of us were making), then they returned us to an 20% paycut. Rumor is that they're working furiously to get us back to our original salaries, so I don't see raises happening any time soon.

The board members, including the principals, stayed at the 50% pay cut for a few more months than the rest of us, so at least I know they aren't wasting money.

Everyone got a bonus and 401k money. Actual raises are still up in the air, but I'm hoping we'll see a modest one since we didn't get any last year.

No bonus (not that I was in the bonus pool anyway) , no profit sharing in our 401k... got a 3% raise. Not complaining one bit.... and survived the now annual January massacre...

9%, was about to take a new job but they were only willing to give me 9% as well so I figured I would stay where I am at. Taking a break looking for that 30-40% raise since it seems required that one have a minimum of 10 years experience before you start hitting 100-120k a year. 40$/hr is just enough to do what I want to do if I am ultra anal about saving and spending. Would be nice to have about 120-140k so im not having to rub 2 pennys together just to meet my goals but im not in a hurry to get old either since it seems the quality of the experience does not speak as loud as the total time, and total time is just that .... total time which means getting old.

Had my 2010 review about an hour ago. I am left rather disappointed. The company ranks each employee between 1 (b ump on a log) and 5 (walking on water). In 2009 I was a 4 and 2010, in spite of my performance against my goals and the everything else, I am a 3. Only a certain percentage of people can be in each category and I was on the 3/4 bubble... ended up as an upper level 3, but 3+ and 3- have no distinction. I'm just another 3.

I'll find out my disappointing raise / bonus later in the month.

Back in July, I got a 20% raise because they knew I was ready to leave. I got a 2.5% raise rolling into this year based on reviews. If HR comes through on a potential nuclear assignment (same company), I'll have another 28% raise on my base salary, but all that does is offset my current living allowance for being a road whore.

Back in July, I got a 20% raise because they knew I was ready to leave. I got a 2.5% raise rolling into this year based on reviews. If HR comes through on a potential nuclear assignment (same company), I'll have another 28% raise on my base salary, but all that does is offset my current living allowance for being a road whore.
28% is not that much for being a road whore unless your already over 100k a year, then 28k extra is not to shabby. I guess it depends on if you get to go home to your wife every night and the benifits that come with that.

28% is not that much for being a road whore unless your already over 100k a year, then 28k extra is not to shabby. I guess it depends on if you get to go home to your wife every night and the benifits that come with that.
And you were doing so well with an earlier post. Now it's back to this gobble-de-goop.

Latest posts

Back