All things '80s

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fraggle_rock2_1024x768.jpg

I don't remember what they were called, but just before the VHS-Beta war there was a giant laser disk device that looked like a dvd only the size of a record...The neighbors had one and they had Clash of the Titans as their only disk

I don't remember what they were called, but just before the VHS-Beta war there was a giant laser disk device that looked like a dvd only the size of a record...The neighbors had one and they had Clash of the Titans as their only disk

Yeah, a friend of mine had somegodawful Erik Estrada movie on Laserdick. I have no idea what it was, and honestly, I could be wrong about Erik Estrada being in it.

But it was godawful.

We had a laserdic player when I was a kid, circa 1983 or so. We used to rent discs from a shop about 20 miles from our house. Probably the only place around that rented them.

A friend bought a laserdisc player and a collection of discs (~200) from someone real cheap when it was realized that the discs weren't going to catch on. You had to turn the disc over 1/2 way through the movie just like playing a music LP. The quality of the image was MUCH better than VHS tape but you couldn't record on them and had to buy the pre-recorded discs.

Every decent Asian people's party in the 90's had karaoke on Laserdisc.

Too funny, I had a girlfriend in HS who's dad had a laser disk. Never knew it was that dated.

I saw her in some Caveman-type movie on MST3K. Her voice is annoying. I mean, REEEEEALLY annoying.

Back