Recent grad, trying to understand corporate culture, Seeking advice

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Confusedengineer321

Reaction score
Hey all, recently graduated with ME degree, and found myself stuck in a company that does DEI, its apparent I won't get far here as a white male, already heard many comments about this from upper management. Looking around at other opportunities it seems every company does this crap now. Wondering if there are any companies that don't do DEI stuff or this just ingrained in the culture now and I can expect to not be treated equally like a human for the next 40-50 years of my career?

Hey all, recently graduated with ME degree, and found myself stuck in a company that does DEI, its apparent I won't get far here as a white male, already heard many comments about this from upper management. Looking around at other opportunities it seems every company does this crap now. Wondering if there are any companies that don't do DEI stuff or this just ingrained in the culture now and I can expect to not be treated equally like a human for the next 40-50 years of my career?
can you elaborate on what they told you? because honestly dei should be promoting inclusivity for ALL employees. feels like they’re bastardizing the goal of that initiative

Try looking in to smaller companies. Because there are less employees, there is often less office politics and less formal policies. If you are open to relocating, you could also look into different areas of the country that might handle things differently.

What do you mean by "get far" then? What are you expecting? Director or vice president in 10 years?

Back