After finding out your results!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pass - put my chest of books away in a shelf, relax in my new job and thank my wife for putting up with me.

Fail - deal with the emotional response, sign up for April 2013 and do more practice problems...subject the wife to another quarter of moodiness.

Hopefully I am lucky enough to pass so I can hit the print button on this resignation letter.

The more I think about it, it may end up being a knee-jerk reaction because I really need to stay at my current.

I got a job where I have a company car (2012 ford f-150, expense account so I can take clients out to lunch, very lax manager, come and go as I please as long as I get the work the work complete.

Get to go LA fitness and work 2 hrs during my lunch period.

Pass - will go to work with a great confidence and elevated desire of being analytical

Fail - will tell you if it happens

Pass = complete the forms for out of state licensure and apply for a job in NY or any state that would willing to pay for moving expenses.

Fail = Study hard again and evaluate where I went wrong and weak.

Pass = Crap my pants, get a change of underwear.

Fail = Curse the computer, look at my diagnostics and prepare for the next test (much to my wife's dismay)

Pass - Treat myself to an early Christmas Present/Reward.

Fail - Use the money to re-resister for the exam.

Either way, I am sure my co-workers will be glad to see my results. I may be driving them crazy with my obsession. For the moment, we are working on conspiracy theories for passing. We are coming up with some really good ones.

I'll make my wife very happy.

Make sure to give back if you are lucky

Thinking about it a little more....I have no idea what I will do once I find out I passed. It will be a big relief - I guess, I will have to let my boss know that I passed ( not required for my work - took the exam as a personal goal for rainy days, etc).

Definetely a confidence booster to my fellow engr. at work. We don't have a PE. at the moment.

If I fail.....it will be a long 6 months - to go through this process all over again....:-(. imagine that....

If I Fail -

1. i think I i will pay for a manual review

2. be totally disgusted

3. convince myself, my spouse, that I can and will pass in April

4. be totally disgusted

5. re-read the results and re-read the results....get closure, move on to April

If I Pass

1. never come to this website again

2. never go to NCEES website again (most likely will though)

3. call my spouse with good news

4. leave work to start celebrating

5. enjoy the holidays, be thankful for my current job, see what next year brings

Now going through this process unfortunately for the second time I have some thoughts on a few things: 1. The difference between April Exam vs. Oct Exam 2. The waiting process....

1. The Avg Passing Rate for April Exam was 70% and for each exam, NCEES assures us that every exam is "fair" in its difficulty, although my experience was that the Oct exam was more difficult then the April exam (lets hope there is a lower cut score). So my question is this, when the results are released I believe the average passing score will be around 60% - 65% does this mean that all of a sudden the sample pool of candidates just got dumber over the last 6mths causing a 5% -10% lower passing rate? I doubt it. So if both exams are fair, then there should be roughly the same passing rate with a margin of error of +-2%-3%. I feel like if I went back in time and re-took the April Exam but having been as prepared as I was for the October Exam...I would not be on this website because I would know I passed. I just hope for this exam that there will be a 70% passing rate, if that's the case, then I believe I will be getting good news.

2. The waiting process....ahhh yes the waiting process, how fun this is. Here is my opinion. The waiting process creates a huge demand for the results, hence making the test a much bigger deal then if it was offered all year long. It also makes passing that much more of a bigger deal which is a good thing for those who passed and for those attempting to pass thus keeping the importance of obtaining a license while keeping the value high....if you don't believe me, then there wouldn't be thousands across the country eagerly waiting results.

If I Fail -

2. be totally disgusted

4. be totally disgusted

If I Pass

5. enjoy the holidays, be thankful for my current job, see what next year brings

Now going through this process unfortunately for the second time I have some thoughts on a few things: 1. The difference between April Exam vs. Oct Exam 2. The waiting process....

1. The Avg Passing Rate for April Exam was 70% and for each exam, NCEES assures us that every exam is "fair" in its difficulty, although my experience was that the Oct exam was more difficult then the April exam (lets hope there is a lower cut score). So my question is this, when the results are released I believe the average passing score will be around 60% - 65% does this mean that all of a sudden the sample pool of candidates just got dumber over the last 6mths causing a 5% -10% lower passing rate? I doubt it. So if both exams are fair, then there should be roughly the same passing rate with a margin of error of +-2%-3%. I feel like if I went back in time and re-took the April Exam but having been as prepared as I was for the October Exam...I would not be on this website because I would know I passed. I just hope for this exam that there will be a 70% passing rate, if that's the case, then I believe I will be getting good news.

2. The waiting process....ahhh yes the waiting process, how fun this is. Here is my opinion. The waiting process creates a huge demand for the results, hence making the test a much bigger deal then if it was offered all year long. It also makes passing that much more of a bigger deal which is a good thing for those who passed and for those attempting to pass thus keeping the importance of obtaining a license while keeping the value high....if you don't believe me, then there wouldn't be thousands across the country eagerly waiting results.
Looks like you're talking about the civil exam? that's probably the exam that has the most takers. I mean thousands and thousands of takers. So yeah, I could see where the pass rates could vary from time to time. Without knowing the makeup of the two populations, I don't see how you can draw many conclusions.

If I Fail -

2. be totally disgusted

4. be totally disgusted

If I Pass

Looks like you're talking about the civil exam? that's probably the exam that has the most takers. I mean thousands and thousands of takers. So yeah, I could see where the pass rates could vary from time to time. Without knowing the makeup of the two populations, I don't see how you can draw many conclusions.
yes, the civil exam

Latest posts

Back