Admit it

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did it mostly at a goof (I'm agnostic at best on a good day), but I'm trying to convince one of my best friends from college to let me marry him and his fiance. She banned him from INVITING me to the wedding based on stories she heard about me in college, but she never said anything about HIRING me to be there.
nice ploy!

how much did it cost to be ordained and did you have to write an essay?

There's one of the popular radio personalities who is actually an ordained minister and will perform radio shows around the holidays for mass-weddings at the local ski-resorts (Xmas, New years, Valentines Day). He still gets about 50+ couples at each event after doing it for several years...
was that floorwax?

I'm engaged right now with the date set for Nov. 7. As her parents are still paying for it, I have almost no say in anything. (I'm not complaining as long as I'm not paying.) I know that if I tried anything like this, I'd get killed almost immediately.

nice ploy!
how much did it cost to be ordained and did you have to write an essay?

was that floorwax?

Getting ordained is free! Getting the certificate/wallet card/whole shebang is where they get you. Reasonably priced, the whole thing, including weddings/baptism/etc certs was like, $60.

Not sure on the radio personality, a good friend mentioned it to me. I don't listen to anything but Sirius anymore, so I wouldn't know.

I'm engaged right now with the date set for Nov. 7. As her parents are still paying for it, I have almost no say in anything. (I'm not complaining as long as I'm not paying.) I know that if I tried anything like this, I'd get killed almost immediately.
I'm sorry...er, I mean congratulations!

We were already working (she was getting a grad student stipend, which only sort of counts) and living together and getting into our later 20s, so we footed a lot of the bill. Our parents helped to an extent, so it was a joint effort. They basically said its your wedding, so do what you want, and we're happy that you're happy.

But we wanted them to have a good time too and hopefully hit it off well. They had never met before since they live on opposite coasts. So instead of having them awkwardly meet at the chapel 20 minutes before the ceremony, we arranged to have an icebreaker a couple days earlier and went to the rodeo out that way. It was a lot of fun actually.

was that floorwax?

I don't know if he is too, but the one I was referring to is Uncle Nasty on 106.7 KBPI. He hosts their afternoon program (3pm to 8 pm) and their late night heavy metal show (11pm to 2am, I think)

Latest posts

Back