Nutrition, Diet, and Exercise: Notes, Goals, and Resources (these people just keep talking about crossfit) - Page 32 - Shoot the Breeze - Engineer Boards Jump to content
Engineer Boards
 photo CHPE_AnimatedWebBanner_650x1202_zps5704d467.gif

Nutrition, Diet, and Exercise: Notes, Goals, and Resources (these people just keep talking about crossfit)

I'd be sure to let you know, in between my CrossFit posts, if I turned vegan. 

Have I mention I completed a marathon? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • fudgey 1
  • Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Since I already blasted this on FB (which you all hate) and the girls forums (which you, hopefully, don't hate): Weighted myself this past Sunday and lost 30lbs!  Started being kinda-semi serious abou

Lately, I've started doing some hiking near my home in a continued effort to shed pounds and be in shape to do the things I love in the outdoors.  I've been doing about 3 miles every other morning wit

Finally hit 30 lbs

Posted Images

15 hours ago, leggo PE said:

Not vegan, but... TURKEY BACON.

Come on, where's @knight1fox3?!?!

*eats all the turkey bacon so I don't die*

My daughter ( also a XF'er) told me she thought it was pretty cool how much the XF Games focus on the female athletes - weve been watching all the hoopla leading up to it this week.  I think its pretty cool watching the women powercleaning my max for multiple reps!

Were pulling for Toomey!

• Like 1

I'm a huge fan of Tia!!!!  I follow her on instagram and I am so inspired!  I wish I could look more like her, but I think I started my fitness journey a little too late to be able to get that stacked!

9 minutes ago, JayKay PE said:

I'm a huge fan of Tia!!!!  I follow her on instagram and I am so inspired!  I wish I could look more like her, but I think I started my fitness journey a little too late to be able to get that stacked!

False. You can get that stacked still. Look at how old RG is. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, csb said:

False. You can get that stacked still. Look at how old RG is. 

I have seen no evidence of stacking by RG.  I assume he is a frail elderly man, based on his discussions, and looks like this (but with larger thighs due to running/biking/lifting things):

Hide the Pain Harold is the meme of the decade (according to Imgur)

• Haha 2

@Road Guy, disappointed by butt size.  I expected it to be big from all the box jumps.  Just sayin'.

ALSO.  I am kinda able to bench press 75lbs easyish!  We were doing pause at bottom bench presses on Saturday, and I had 25lbs on each side and felt like I could have done more reps/increased the weight?  So I'm going to aim for 10kg on each side when we do bench next time.

My sumo lift/deadlift weight has, unfortunately, gone down a little...not because I'm not willing, but because the trainers are now like "You're working on form now.  Stay at this weight, but lift it slow, flat back, lead with your sternum" and I'm like....nooooo.  Let me just lift!  Same thing happened with my strict press.  They started throwing a ton of 'extra' stuff for me to remember and I got swirly anime eyes.

image.jpeg.2eee0c71582e384891f9588f3ccb0e47.jpeg

• Like 1
1 hour ago, JayKay PE said:

We were doing pause at bottom bench presses on Saturday, and I had 25lbs on each side and felt like I could have done more reps/increased the weight?  So I'm going to aim for 10kg on each side when we do bench next time.

Isn't that gonna be lower than 25's?

53 minutes ago, NikR_PE said:

Isn't that gonna be lower than 25's?

Yes, but I'm going to aim for that as my norm and slowly add more weight to it.  Right now I start with around 10lbs for warmup/early reps and slowly edge my way towards 20lb.  Now I'm going to try and start at 17.5lb and then swap to 10kg and then slowly add more onto it.

• Like 1
On 9/18/2020 at 1:26 PM, Chattaneer PE said:

Y'all need to start a crossfit thread.

We have a running thread. We have a biking thread. What's this thread for if I'm not talking about THE MASSIVE GAINS I HAVE in my gym? 

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, csb said:

We have a running thread. We have a biking thread. What's this thread for if I'm not talking about THE MASSIVE GAINS I HAVE in my gym? 

I read this as bikini thread and I was a little horrified for a moment.

• Haha 1

me and @csbwere supposed to be at the Festivus games this past weekend - but most of the hosts cancelled in Colorado once the mask mandate came down. & there is nothing worse than any workout indoors in a mask..

It is billed as a competition for "average joes" but most of the podium finishers I saw on line looked in pretty damn good shape!

maybe next year!

• Like 1
  • Chattaneer PE changed the title to Nutrition, Diet, and Exercise: Notes, Goals, and Resources (these people just keep talking about crossfit)