October 2019 P.E. ELECTRICAL POWER - Page 5 - Power Exam Sub Forum - Engineer Boards Jump to content
Engineer Boards

October 2019 P.E. ELECTRICAL POWER

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Best case:  Throw out the entire afternoon session with no change to the cut score %.

So far it seems that the feedback from this exam is similar to the feedback from every exam prior to it: very difficult to really anticipate what exactly will appear on the exam, a lot of curveball qu

THANK YOU!   I got the email as I was supposed to head into a meeting. My heart wasa pounding but I decided to open it up anyway & at my desk in our open office concept. Started crying a

Posted Images

Can we please refrain from re-starting the senseless rumors/urban legend/conspiracy theories concerning people getting the NCEES survey early?  It serves no purpose and I'm tired of seeing it pop up on these boards.

Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

NCEES Guide says :

Examinee Survey
NCEES will email you an online post-exam
survey 7–10 days after the exam. This is your
opportunity to provide feedback on the exam
process and the exam site conditions. If you have
feedback specific to an exam question, provide
it immediately after the exam through your
MyNCEES account.

25 minutes ago, leo2car said:

NCEES Guide says :

Examinee Survey
NCEES will email you an online post-exam
survey 7–10 days after the exam. This is your
opportunity to provide feedback on the exam
process and the exam site conditions. If you have
feedback specific to an exam question, provide
it immediately after the exam through your
MyNCEES account.

I cannot imagine how much NCEES giggles at the silliness that surrounds scoring, surveys, or which quarter the moon cycle is on.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, bdhlphcdh said:

I cannot imagine how much NCEES giggles at the silliness that surrounds scoring, surveys, or which quarter the moon cycle is on.

And they do watch this forum pretty closely, especially right after an administration, so I'm sure the giggling is profound.

There is a long-running "joke" on this site that if you get the NCEES survey, you have failed. DO NOT BELIEVE ANY OF THIS. IT IS NONSENSE. EVERYONE gets the survey.

There is no way to know if you have passed or failed before the official timeline.

There are other jokes they try as well, like saying if you can go into NCEES and try to register for the next PE Exam and you can, you have failed. DON'T believe this one either.

Just wait for your results like the rest of us.

33 minutes ago, MisterVeggieBowl said:

There is a long-running "joke" on this site that if you get the NCEES survey, you have failed. DO NOT BELIEVE ANY OF THIS. IT IS NONSENSE. EVERYONE gets the survey.

There is no way to know if you have passed or failed before the official timeline.

There are other jokes they try as well, like saying if you can go into NCEES and try to register for the next PE Exam and you can, you have failed. DON'T believe this one either.

giphy.gif.7b5fc09cec61d477ee989c1623cc2c49.gif

• Haha 1
35 minutes ago, MisterVeggieBowl said:

:banhim:

• Haha 1
36 minutes ago, MisterVeggieBowl said:

giphy.gif.f0d283b156ebc1156be382e2901d409c.gif

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2019 at 12:08 AM, mjcii said:

Took the test in MO today too. Was blindsided by a lot of questions asked, to say the least. As mentioned in the above comments, there were a lot of topics I thought were standard and spent a lot of time studying that were completely left off. 

I spent a few-hundred hours studying, and it feels like I studied for the wrong test. (Because I don't what that was...)

felt the same way

3 different review courses, entirety of PPI book, like 6 different practice exam sources... it was crazy

even crazier when they had a question that was literally asking for an angle on a simple circle. that question must have taken 15 seconds. 

14 hours ago, FLOrida said:

felt the same way

3 different review courses, entirety of PPI book, like 6 different practice exam sources... it was crazy

even crazier when they had a question that was literally asking for an angle on a simple circle. that question must have taken 15 seconds. 

I don't even know what reference book what have that information in it. I know the FE reference handbook like the back of my hand and I know it has a ton of geometry in it. That would be my first go-to and pray. 

Any other references anyone knows about you would find answers to generic questions like this? 

On 11/23/2019 at 12:31 PM, SparkyBill said:

I don't even know what reference book what have that information in it. I know the FE reference handbook like the back of my hand and I know it has a ton of geometry in it. That would be my first go-to and pray. 

Any other references anyone knows about you would find answers to generic questions like this? 

wait... are you joking?

2 hours ago, FLOrida said:

wait... are you joking?

Oh... like "what's the total angle of a circle?"  I was imagining like lines going everywhere and working with all kinds of geometry solving for angles of circles. 

Folks, this must have been agonizing. The worst may be over, the grades are definitely coming out next week. I don't know why NCEES can't put a firm date when they are 2 weeks from publishing the results saving folks anxiety. At the beginning there  might be a lot of variables but after 5-6 weeks of exam, they have a clear picture and  should be able to put out a firm date towards the end. Once they give you a date, you mentally prepare yourself to wait till that time and you know there is nothing you can do. 

Edited by roy167
  • Like 2

@roy167 couldn't agree with you more. There is absolutely no reason why they shouldn't set a deadline and meet it. I would be okay with the release date being 10 weeks out on a firm date. They should re consider the impact this has on the test takers and set a release date. Hopefully next week will be the end of this wait. 

• Like 2
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.