What to name a boat? - Page 2 - Shoot the Breeze - Engineer Boards Jump to content
Engineer Boards

What to name a boat?

NCcarguy

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It might be better suited for aircraft, but I've always wanted to name something "The Flying Buttress". It is open to interpretation, but also has a specific meaning in regards to structures.

maybe "High PI" which could have several Civil references, like Plasticity index, or just PI?? I don't know.......lol I'll end up explaining that too much.

or "NCcarguy, PI" you could be like Magnum

for the old timers...

name it "Monkey Business"

yu could put on the transom "Engine near"

maybe "High PI" which could have several Civil references, like Plasticity index, or just PI?? I don't know.......lol I'll end up explaining that too much.

yu could put on the transom "Engine near"

Engine Near....humm, Now we're getting somewhere at least.

I saw a picture of a large boat that was named "Change order" and it had a small dingy that was named "Original Contract"

I think my boat is smaller than the dingy.....sigh.

I saw a picture of a large boat that was named "Change order" and it had a small dingy that was named "Original Contract"

So you're admitting that your dingy is smaller than their dingy? At least you're man enough to admit it! ;)

Guest Dexman PE

So you're admitting that your dingy is smaller than their dingy? At least you're man enough to admit it! ;)

Ive heard its not the size of the boat, but the motion of the ocean. My wife also says it takes a long time to cross the atlantic with a row boat. Good thing i dont have to...

I met a guy yesterday name Harry Johnson. Seemed like a good name for a boat.

If "The Harry Johnson" isn't to your liking because boats are supposed to be named after girls, I volunteer "Gina in VA".

I met a guy yesterday name Harry Johnson. Seemed like a good name for a boat.

If "The Harry Johnson" isn't to your liking because boats are supposed to be named after girls, I volunteer "Gina in VA".

there's always "Ann Us"

Guest Dexman PE
My wife also says it takes a long time to cross the atlantic with a row boat. Good thing i dont have to...

Don't have to cross the Atlantic or don't have to use a rowboat?

A little of column A, a little of column B...

theres a guy on my dock whose boat name is:

Exit Strategy

He said he basically hates his job so he is always planning his exit strategy from work so I figured that sounded like most of it

Archived