WOW eb.com will be 10 years old this month

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to start a rumor that they are invalidating ALL Maryland tests from this past exam. 
triple-dog.gif

When I think about the early days of EB, I have very vivid images of my old crappy computer desk, shoved off in the corner of my old living room in 2006.  Drinking coffee on Saturday mornings and spamming the hell out of it while you guys were still at work.  That was good coffee & computer time, and does not seem like 10 years ago at all.

10 years ago:

My oldest kid was 6, my youngest kid was 3, I drove an old Jeep, was smoking like a chimney, had recently left Arcadis to open a new office for AECOM and was pretty much bored out of my fucking mind.

I found the PPI site the night before my PE Exam, The day I got home from the exam I created the invisionfreeS13 site and about 10 fake members so it would look like I had some actual traffic, Then along came DV, VTE, Joeysvee, and a few others EDINNO?) and them 4 were the main ones who spammed the living hell out of PPI2PASS to get members here..

roll tide..

10 years ago:

My oldest kid was 6, my youngest kid was 3, I drove an old Jeep, was smoking like a chimney, had recently left Arcadis to open a new office for AECOM and was pretty much bored out of my fucking mind.

I found the PPI site the night before my PE Exam, The day I got home from the exam I created the invisionfreeS13 site and about 10 fake members so it would look like I had some actual traffic, Then along came DV, VTE, Joeysvee, and a few others EDINNO?) and them 4 were the main ones who spammed the living hell out of PPI2PASS to get members here..

roll tide..
Ahem....

10 years ago.  My oldest was my only kid and was only 18 months old.  I was on active duty with the Virginia Guard preparing to deploy for the first time.  I was dipping like a fiend.  I hated PPI's site because it was a marketing ploy and run like a dictatorship.  I jumped over to EB and realized that you could really have fun on internet forums.

Last edited by a moderator:
We haven't jacked with exam takers this hard in awhile. I had to come up with a way to phrase it that I could say, "Yeah, me neither." 

Why isn't Tim taking any of this bait? At least PPI would go on hyperban mode. I have so many fake email addresses floating out there. 

10 years ago, I was still working in consulting, so the P.E. license was sort of a big deal.  (it means nothing in the gas industry), I had a 4 yr old and a 1 year old.  Never would have imagined a trip to Big Lots a few years later would pan out as good as it did.   :D

I would have only owned the Camaro for about a year or so at that point too.  It is now like an old fixture.  

I was in much better shape then too, at least to bodybuilding standards.  Now I'm just a forty something guy who goes to the gym everyday at 5:00 am to try and stay healthy and alive.  

EB.com has been great over the years, a lot of good people on here, and many hours of great entertainment.  Lemonparty links excluded.

Let's see, 10 years ago we had just gotten married and moved to a duplex in suburbia of the metro MKE area.  LadyFox had started grad school and working for a large corporate environmental engineering firm.  I was only 2 years in the EE field from my undergrad.  Quite a bit has changed since then.

Back