World Cup.. Y A W N.... and Im asleep...

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Road Guy

Reaction score
Serioulsy I tried to watch some of this, I was asleep in 4 minutes.....

Do you have to grow up in a 3rd world country to get into this?

I dont think if they were shooting flaming arrows at the players during the "match" would even make it interesting..(for me)

That's how I feel about baseball these days. I can't tell you the last time I sat and watched a full 9 innings.

It really is a game that you need to grow up on to follow closely. However, I went to 3 World Cup qualifying matches for the 2000 WC when I was in college. It's like going to a sporting event for your favorite team, except that team happens to represent your entire country. I was hooked after that. I still can't get into MLS or EPL soccer...but International soccer is awesome.

I can't get over the amount of embellishment and acting some players do to draw a penalty.

I'm really hoping Cameroon breaks out of their group, I think they can take it all.

Because no one in American sports embellishes "contact" to try and gain a competitive advantage. :rolleyes:

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6sk2yNy7m8

I hate basketball. You also see embellishment and diving in hockey as well.

I have only been following scores and some highlights on espn. One of those Spanish channels on dish had the France Honduras game I watched 20 mins or so then got bored. Was fun to watch in Spanish even though I cannot speak the language. The announcers are so vibrant and enthusiastic over nothing.

I hate basketball. You also see embellishment and diving in hockey as well.

I have only been following scores and some highlights on espn. One of those Spanish channels on dish had the France Honduras game I watched 20 mins or so then got bored. Was fun to watch in Spanish even though I cannot speak the language. The announcers are so vibrant and enthusiastic over nothing.
Mystery, Alaska. Good movie.

I hate the flopping... act like they were shot in the back, game is stopped, they get carried off the field, get a sip of water and they're 100% healed and back in the game.

It's a miracle!

Tenth time this game!

Back