Work Demeanor

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
right now, I'm in a pissing match with one of the administrative assistants here, it's been somewhat amusing. Although I think in our "come to Jesus" meeting that is scheduled for this afternoon I'll probably flip a lid on her for the latest stunt.

The cad guy who got the cubicle full of paper actually took it pretty well. He was a young guy at the time it actually became one of our better cadd staff.

It was some of the other old lady CAD folks who got pissed off about it
I don't mean to sound like I'm stereotyping here, but typical from my experience.
Seems to be the universal attitude of the CAD folks. I've gotten into quite a few battles with CAD managers over how things were being presented as well as their general attitude.

right now, I'm in a pissing match with one of the administrative assistants here, it's been somewhat amusing. Although I think in our "come to Jesus" meeting that is scheduled for this afternoon I'll probably flip a lid on her for the latest stunt.
Is this going to be local broadcast or pay-per-view? ;)

I'll see if I can get someone to record it

How did it go?

We tend to keep these ladies in our good graces. They may be low on the totem pole, but can screw up your project if they don't like you.

How did it go?

We tend to keep these ladies in our good graces. They may be low on the totem pole, but can screw up your project if they don't like you.
Well- it was rescheduled, then rescheduled again, and it was supposed to happen at 8:30 am but her boss and me were the only ones that showed up and he had excuses for his direct reports. The meeting started wonderful with an "I think EG has done an excellent job on compiling this list..." and we were very productive, however it did show how poorly the woman is doing her job and my boss also questioned why she was still keeping all her records by hand in a binder.

"keeping all her records by hand in a binder"....

Would not fly where I work. Everything is documented in lotus notes. And not scanning or saving information in the company info database would get you in hot water.

Back