Why the 25 post minimum?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cocoloco

Coconut Head
Reaction score
I am not sure what the need is for people to have 25 posts to be up on that scrolling deal. It seems that there are a lot of people that check the board often but dont feel the need to make too many posts. Is there really a reason why members should have 25 posts, is it because other folks feel like they have developed a familiarity with a particular by the 25 post mark or what? Its not like Keith and Capatin Worley are the only ones that have passed so far...

Last edited by a moderator:
because it keeps the size of the banner manageable. Not to detract from anyone that has passed, but if the banner included every single person that visited the messageboard and posted once that they had passed the banner would all but take over the entire page.

With the 25 post minimum it keeps the number of peopel in the banner to a more manageable number, and may prompt those that wouldn't otherwise post a reason to stick around and get to know other people on the board.

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
The first time we did it we did everybody, and I can tell you it is a lot of work to constantly check and update for all 3 “skins”, so we decided to do it for people that have or might have some history here. Were also not totally inconsiderate and will add folks who have 17 posts ;)

The first time we did it we did everybody, and I can tell you it is a lot of work to constantly check and update for all 3 “skins”, so we decided to do it for people that have or might have some history here. Were also not totally inconsiderate and will add folks who have 17 posts ;)
LOL! LOL! I am still more than a month from getting my results but I am praying this time I did pass it! I already posted my depressive story of not passing the first time!!

the guys above covered it, dozens of people would register, just to say "I PASSED", we'd go through the process of putting them on the banner, they would never post again, and the "members" that passed just had their name drowned out in the masses.

Plus, maybe it will encourage someone to join up, start posting, and find that its a nice community here to be part of.

Latest posts

Back