Why did I receive a seismic review review course ad in the mail?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bordertin

Reaction score
I took seismic principles exam in April 2012 exam cycle. Then I recieved a letter about a seismic review class (letter is dated June 20th) and now I wonder whether I failed the Seismic Principles Exam (although according to the board the results will not be announced until June 29th) and the board gave out my address to these guys in advance. Has everyone else recieved a similar letter? How do these guys know my address? Have we signed a document to let the board give out our contact information to these people? Did I really fail the exam? Am I getting paranoid?

lmao you are being paranoid. I've passed the 8 hr and seismic and still receive ads in the mail! hope that makes you feel better.

Bordertin,

I wouldn’t be looking for any subliminal message if I were you. I very much doubt that the senders have any insider information regarding the results of the exam. As with LakersFreak, I recently received literature ( first of many I guess I willnow be recieving) inviting me to register for an 8-hr PE exam review course, notwithstanding the fact that I just passed the exam. So I guess they have acquired a database of candidates someplace and are just fishing randomly.

Meanwhile, we await Friday with bated breath!!

Thanks Bordertin. I got the same ad in the mail and had the very same sneaky suspicions. They need to release the results today. I won't make it through the weekend.

Back