When will CA release results?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally passed the last of the CA-specific exams last October, and practically sh*t myself when I heard that CA is now offering the rolling seismic/surveying exams. WTF!!!!! BACK IN MY DAY WE HAD TO WAIT 6 MOS TO RETAKE THESE EXAMS!! **** KIDS!

I finally ordered a physical stamp a few weeks ago in case the youngins need some stamparinos. THEY BETTER BE GRATEFUL!!!

Now waiting for results on the TE. It will likely be released NEVER since there were all of 0.5 people who took it. BPELSG intern is grading those, but is headed back to Colorado after finals this semester. He'll forget to send the emails out.

I finally passed the last of the CA-specific exams last October, and practically sh*t myself when I heard that CA is now offering the rolling seismic/surveying exams. WTF!!!!! BACK IN MY DAY WE HAD TO WAIT 6 MOS TO RETAKE THESE EXAMS!! **** KIDS!

I finally ordered a physical stamp a few weeks ago in case the youngins need some stamparinos. THEY BETTER BE GRATEFUL!!!

Now waiting for results on the TE. It will likely be released NEVER since there were all of 0.5 people who took it. BPELSG intern is grading those, but is headed back to Colorado after finals this semester. He'll forget to send the emails out.
What is the TE? Forgive me if it's obvious.

Ahhh I see. Transportation Exam crossed my mind as a guess. So a who exam on traffic analysis and AADT and such? :)  
it's more about the MUTCD and design standards and that kind of stuff than anything else. i took the transportation depth for the civil PE a couple years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds about right. It's pretty neat that you were half of a person though!

one can hope.  last i checked the borpels license lookup was updated on friday.  so nothing today yet.
I don't believe the BPELSG license lookup was updated automatically for me (I passed last cycle). I had to send in another form that basically told the Board that I had passed. Then I got my license number, wall certificate, and wallet cards of the course of the coming weeks/months.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't believe the BPELSG license lookup was updated automatically for me (I passed last cycle). I had to send in another form that basically told the Board that I had passed. Then I got my license number, wall certificate, and wallet cards of the course of the coming weeks/months.
Gotcha,

I've passed the national exam and surveying, just waiting on seismic.

Gotcha,

I've passed the national exam and surveying, just waiting on seismic.
Ah, then it will be interesting to see what your results email says in terms of next steps. I wonder if the board is on it and knows already that you have passed your other two exams.

As recently as October 2016, you got assigned your number automatically if you had passed all three exams. But that's changing now, especially because of the changes with the seismic and surveying exams going CBT next year, and the PE exam being decoupled from experience this year.

Got this e-mail from the Board about 20 mins ago (9:55am Pacific)

Results from the October 2017 NCEES engineering examinations will be released on
December 4, 2017. Candidates should check their email for the message from NCEES. The
results from the ASBOG geology and the California state-specific engineering, surveying,
geology, and geophysics examinations are not yet available. The California Board for
Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors, and Geologists will update this mailing list and
its website at http://www.bpelsg.ca.gov when they are released.

Theresults from the ASBOG geology and the California state-specific engineering, surveying,geology, and geophysics examinations are not yet available.

BUT WHEN WILL THEY BE AVAILABLE?!?! Also, c'mon the Computer Based exams are supposed to come out FASTER than the pencil and paper! Pull my hair out.

Back