When did you get your License?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm officially official, saw my name on the NY website yesterday! It took about two weeks after I received my letter in the mail.
STILL waiting in PA. Letter rec'd 6/26; state website says allow 90 days. License verifiication page updated almost daily with reciprocity approvals, but nothing yet for in-staters who recently passed the exam. *sigh*
Same here. My letter was dated June 17th and I received it June 24th. I too check the license verification page more than I like to admit, but no luck. Is there someone from PA who took the test last year and can share how long before their license was issued? Did it really take the full 90 days like the letter/website says?

I'm officially official, saw my name on the NY website yesterday! It took about two weeks after I received my letter in the mail.
STILL waiting in PA. Letter rec'd 6/26; state website says allow 90 days. License verifiication page updated almost daily with reciprocity approvals, but nothing yet for in-staters who recently passed the exam. *sigh*
Takes FOREVER in PA........passed Oct '09, rec'd the good news on 12/24/09......my wall certificate was dated 3/3/10!! Don't recall the exact date I got the certificate in the mail, a couple of days later.

Congrats on passing........the hardest wait is over!

still waiting for PA license :( were we supposed to send a check or something after we received a passing letter?

still waiting for PA license :( were we supposed to send a check or something after we received a passing letter?

No, we do not have to send in anything after we get the results from NCEES. Someone told me that they have to wait for the licensing board to take a formal action, but I can't get an answer out of the board other than "we have 90 days from the date of your letter."

This is ridiculous. Ohio examinees were licensed and listed online on 6/26 - the same day I got my letter in the mail!

I emailed my local State Rep about why it takes PA so long. I've already missed out on three promotions because the PE was required at the time of hire, not 90 days after. I got the standard response that he's "looking into it."

yeah i'm missing out on money too :( our company has a policy -- once you get a copy of your license-- you get your bonus :(

yeah i'm missing out on money too :( our company has a policy -- once you get a copy of your license-- you get your bonus :(

It's the same way with my company. It's a total bummer.

And every time I look on the licensing page, they've processed more out-of-state licenses - what about those of us still waiting from IN state??

So, has anybody from Iowa received their wall certificate yet from the April exam? How long should it take?

PA has finally posted new license numbers from the April 2010 exam!

June 17th (dated) for result letter, and September 9th for number.

When I checked "Verify a License" on the PA Board Website it still shows me listed as having only the E.I.T. Did you receive anything in the mail yet?

When I checked "Verify a License" on the PA Board Website it still shows me listed as having only the E.I.T. Did you receive anything in the mail yet?
I did not receive anything in the mail yet. I have been visiting that website multiple times daily for the past 80 days, and I also looked at every license number that was posted yesterday. Two numbers were skipped since the license numbers are supposed to be incremental, so maybe some info needs to be clarified for two people?

There were 137 new licenses numbers issued yesterday. The numbers range from PE078105 to PE078244 and go alphabetically, go through the numbers and see if your name may be one of the two missing.

I did not receive anything in the mail yet. I have been visiting that website multiple times daily for the past 80 days, and I also looked at every license number that was posted yesterday. Two numbers were skipped since the license numbers are supposed to be incremental, so maybe some info needs to be clarified for two people?

There were 137 new licenses numbers issued yesterday. The numbers range from PE078105 to PE078244 and go alphabetically, go through the numbers and see if your name may be one of the two missing.
I went through some of the numbers and there appears to be some numbers unassigned near where my name would fall alphabetically. The weird thing is that I checked on a couple of others who took the test this past April and I know that passed, and some are listed and others are not. It appears that some of the licenses are being held up for some reason, or someone at the State Board is on Vacation. The 90 days are up on September 15th. If I have not received anything by then I am going to start calling. I need my license for work deadlines and new work we are getting in other states. I need to finalize my NCEES record so I can get comity...which is a whole other issue. This whole process could be so much easier and more efficient!

Anyone from PA find anything change on the license verification website? today is day 89 and my name has yet to change from EIT to PE and my employer is also wondering what is going on. I checked where my name should fall in alphabetical order but there are not any numbers missing. I must have re-checked my passing letter to make sure I am reading it correctly 500 times.

Anyone from PA find anything change on the license verification website? today is day 89 and my name has yet to change from EIT to PE and my employer is also wondering what is going on. I checked where my name should fall in alphabetical order but there are not any numbers missing. I must have re-checked my passing letter to make sure I am reading it correctly 500 times.
I'm in the same boat. I have not received anything. I also contacted a couple of colleagues who took the test in PA (April 2010) and passed and they have not received anything. Also, none of our status have been updated on the PA Engineering Board Website yet either. The wait continues. Let me know when you receive something.

I just called the PA Enginering Board Office. They told me they will be mailing out licenses in the next week or two. Also, they told me they have not updated the "verify a license" portion of the website with regard to successful candidates who took the exam this past April. They said they do not update the website until after the licenses are mailed out. Thus, we keep waiting.

In Canada same here I got my passing letter about 100 days now, but still no PEng license released, instead they sent me redundant letter that I passed for the last 2 months.

BTW in Canada for foreign engineers to get PEng, you need two exams NPPE and FE exams. and I have done and passed all these.

I just called the PA Enginering Board Office. They told me they will be mailing out licenses in the next week or two. Also, they told me they have not updated the "verify a license" portion of the website with regard to successful candidates who took the exam this past April. They said they do not update the website until after the licenses are mailed out. Thus, we keep waiting.

I don't understand why PA didn't process all the licenses at the same time. I passed the exam in April and they posted my license number on Sep 9th. Nothing in the mail yet.

Back