What's your personality type

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What's your type?

• ISTJ

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • ISFJ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • INFJ

• INTJ

• ISTP

• ISFP

• INFP

• INTP

• ESTP

• ESFP

• ENFP

• ENTP

• ESTJ

• ESFJ

• ENFJ

• ENTJ

• Total voters
I have taken that three times over the years at different points in my life both socially, physically, and in various work environments, and still came up as an INTJ each time.

ENTP

"Clever" is the word that perhaps describes ENTPs best. The professor who juggles half a dozen ideas for research papers and grant proposals in his mind while giving a highly entertaining lecture on an abstruse subject is a classic example of the type. So is the stand-up comedian whose lampoons are not only funny, but incisively accurate.
ENTPs are usually verbally as well as cerebrally quick, and generally love to argue--both for its own sake, and to show off their often-impressive skills. They tend to have a perverse sense of humor as well, and enjoy playing devil's advocate. They sometimes confuse, even inadvertently hurt, those who don't understand or accept the concept of argument as a sport.

ENTPs are as innovative and ingenious at problem-solving as they are at verbal gymnastics; on occasion, however, they manage to outsmart themselves. This can take the form of getting found out at "sharp practice"--ENTPs have been known to cut corners without regard to the rules if it's expedient -- or simply in the collapse of an over-ambitious juggling act. Both at work and at home, ENTPs are very fond of "toys"--physical or intellectual, the more sophisticated the better. They tend to tire of these quickly, however, and move on to new ones.

ENTPs are basically optimists, but in spite of this (perhaps because of it?), they tend to become extremely petulant about small setbacks and inconveniences. (Major setbacks they tend to regard as challenges, and tackle with determin- ation.) ENTPs have little patience with those they consider wrongheaded or unintelligent, and show little restraint in demonstrating this. However, they do tend to be extremely genial, if not charming, when not being harassed by life in general.

In terms of their relationships with others, ENTPs are capable of bonding very closely and, initially, suddenly, with their loved ones. Some appear to be deceptively offhand with their nearest and dearest; others are so demonstrative that they succeed in shocking co-workers who've only seen their professional side. ENTPs are also good at acquiring friends who are as clever and entertaining as they are. Aside from those two areas, ENTPs tend to be oblivious of the rest of humanity, except as an audience -- good, bad, or potential.
For a 5-minute quiz, it nailed me down pretty well!

Your Type is: INTJ

• Introverted = 44%
  • Intuitive = 62%
  • Thinking = 25%
  • Judging = 44%

You are:

• moderately expressed introvert
  • distinctively expressed intuitive personality
  • moderately expressed thinking personality
  • moderately expressed judging personality

Your Type is

ISFJ

Introverted Sensing Feeling Judging

Strength of the preferences %

56 62 12 67

ISFJ type description by D.Keirsey

ISFJ Identify Your Career with Jung Career Indicator™ ISFJ Famous Personalities

ISFJ type description by J. Butt and M.M. Heiss

Qualitative analysis of your type formula

You are:

moderately expressed introvert

distinctively expressed sensing personality

slightly expressed feeling personality

distinctively expressed judging personality

Apparently, I care too much. I'll have to work on that...BASTARDS! ;)

INTJ

The test said INTJ was rare ("less than 1%") of the population, but so far it's the highest percentage here. Maybe these types are drawn to engineering?

INTJ
The test said INTJ was rare ("less than 1%") of the population, but so far it's the highest percentage here. Maybe these types are drawn to engineering?
This is correct. Many INTJ's are drawn to engineering/technical fields, particularly those revolving around maths and sciences, and its a well documented fact.

I just had a colleague that gave the questionaire a shot ... she's a MUCH different personality than most around here.

She came back as ISFP. I would say spot-on assessment.

JR

ENTP
For a 5-minute quiz, it nailed me down pretty well!
I've tested as ENTP before, too. I seem to slowly cycle back and forth between slightly extroverted, and slightly introverted. The ENTP description fits me as well as the INTP, but only at certain times. Right now I seem to be in an INTP mood, but earlier this year my personality seemed to fir the ENTP.

I've taken this test in the past, but I took it again anyways and the results chagned. Before I was INTJ and now I got ENTJ...so who knows.

Your Type is

INTP

Introverted Intuitive Thinking Perceiving

Strength of the preferences %

44 62 88 11

Qualitative analysis of your type formula

You are:

moderately expressed introvert

distinctively expressed intuitive personality

very expressed thinking personality

slightly expressed perceiving personality

I assume that asshole is not a possible outcome for the test.... so I will refrain from taking it as it will be unable to correctly define my personality type.

INTJ
I read this post and broke down and took it...

figures... I got INTJ

(I was half expecting asshole to pop up anyway)

I took the Myers Briggs recently as a part of some work training. This time I came up an ENTJ. Based on this description, I would say its a fair description of my strengths and also the perception of some potential overdeveloped strengths. Wikipedia says people like me represent 1.8% of the population.
It almost describes me to a T. I took this at church a couple of years ago.

INTJ over here, the description provided on typelogic.com eerily sounds familar ... :wacko:

ESFJ

You are:

slightly expressed extravert

slightly expressed sensing personality

slightly expressed feeling personality

slightly expressed judging personality

My results?

"i ain't got time for no jibber-jabber ding-dang do diddley dip diddley shit tree huggin' animal rights spoutin gay pride givin turban wearin book burnin jive turkey mumbo jumbo pumped up jumpin jacked up Judas on a palamino put you in a box bullshit test!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Back