What To Do After You Pass

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

owillis28

Reaction score
Could others post what they did once they found out the passed the PE Exam?

I thought I had come across a post with this information but can't seem to find it.

Thanks in advance,

owillis, PE (once my state takes three months to process my app & money)

I poured a bowl of cereal and bought a celebratory mocha on the way to work.

What do you mean exactly? Are you talking about some kind of regulatory procedure or do you mean what's the next step for folks? If it's the former, once I found my PE number online with Virginia, I began filling out the online forms on the NCEES website to register with them so that the reciprocity process is easier if I need to register in another state. If it's the latter, I began thinking about taking the SE1 (I took the Civil-Structural test this past April), but realistically I won't take that for at least another year.

My wife and I screamed/hugged/kissed, then I called Mom and Dad (Dad had been pestering me for years to get it, and had recently retired his PE; he wanted another Worley on the board), and then I notified my EB brothers and sisters.

Then, a parade of CABs.

My wife and I screamed/hugged/kissed, then I called Mom and Dad (Dad had been pestering me for years to get it, and had recently retired his PE; he wanted another Worley on the board), and then I notified my EB brothers and sisters.
Then, a parade of CABs.
Thanks for the info. Once I found out, I was also able to hug the wife and kids before my wife said to do the dishes before I returned to the office. On my way to the office, I texted everybody on my phone telling them of the great news. Later that night, I was able to partake in adult beverages at one of the local establishments.

What I was looking for is what is appropriate in terms of contacting all of your references. Would this warrant a phone call? Is an email appropriate? If a letter is the correct method to notify a former employer, what should it say. Short letter saying you passed? I want to make sure that I include what is needed but don't end up writing a short story.

owillis

Thanks for the info. Once I found out, I was also able to hug the wife and kids before my wife said to do the dishes before I returned to the office. On my way to the office, I texted everybody on my phone telling them of the great news. Later that night, I was able to partake in adult beverages at one of the local establishments.
What I was looking for is what is appropriate in terms of contacting all of your references. Would this warrant a phone call? Is an email appropriate? If a letter is the correct method to notify a former employer, what should it say. Short letter saying you passed? I want to make sure that I include what is needed but don't end up writing a short story.

owillis

I sent a short email to my references that were outside my office basically saying "I wanted to share the news and thank you for all the years of support". I'm paraphrasing but it was just a one line note. I had taken a review course and had sent an email to one of the instructors saying "thank you" also. Nothing fancy or formal.

I'll be doing this same next week... basically just another thank you note.

Latest posts

Back