what is the passing score?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dondadda

Reaction score
anyone here know the passing score for the October PE in transportation..?

from PPI2PASS.com---------------- :sux:

Will there be a separate passing score established for each of the five civil exams?

Yes, there is a separate passing score set for each of the five exams. Beginning with the October 2005 administration, candidates will receive results of "Pass" or "Fail" only. Failing candidates will no longer receive a numerical score. Here's how NCEES explains it:

"From a testing standpoint, the five depth modules are five different exams. The passing score on each of the five exams will be determined separately by panels of licensed engineers who will meet after the exam is given. The passing score will be based on the panelists' expert opinions of the level of difficulty of each of the questions on an exam. Because the questions are different on each of the five afternoon exam modules, it is very possible that the experts on the panels will judge the overall difficulty level of the five exams to be different. Therefore, to maintain a common standard required to pass the exam, it is fair to set different passing scores. If one exam is judged to be harder than another, a lower passing score will be required to pass it."

---------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think there is any way of finding out. The only way to get an idea is from the failure diagnostics that a couple states give out. Even that would be a guess. I assume they don't want us to know the cut off score from test to test.

anyone here know the passing score for the October PE in transportation..?

Some states (VA, TX) still get scores, a 69 fails, and 70 passes.

That was easy. Next question.

:deadhorse:

:17:

Last edited by a moderator:
67 also fails...I have no personal experience yet with a passing score...althought a 74 on the FE will get you a nice KY EIT certificate though...

67 also fails...I have no personal experience yet with a passing score...althought a 74 on the FE will get you a nice KY EIT certificate though...
did u get a 67 anytime? what was ur break-up for the various sections in AM and PM?

Latest posts

Back