What are your nerdy engineering traits?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HA! That looks like Mr. YMZ! Awesome!

I was in Toastmasters right around the time of my wedding. I gave a speech "How to Host an Engineering Wedding" and I used plan sheets as placemats as I wore a construction vest veil.

And men totally cycle. Last month I turned to my husband and said, "I'll be so glad when you finally start your period and can quit being so bitchy!"

All the screws on the outlet and light switch plates in my home are turned perfectly vertically.
I do this too.

So do y'all overtighten, or back off?

hopefully both, repetitively, I heard that's the best way to achieve the desired result

George-Takei-oh-my.jpg

EB.com? :dunno:

Good point rw. I hear all the time from Mrs. ptatohed "You already passed the exam, why do you still spend so much time on that site?"

The TI-86 calculator app on my phone.

Although I just realized that when I downloaded it to my new phone I lost the ROM file, so the emulator doesn't work anymore :(

Very cool DPE. Now if it were a TI-89, I'd be really impressed. ;) I actually have a virtual TI-89 on my work computer.

I also sketch everything in Autocad. I made placemats in Autocad for my wedding reception, complete with menu, caricatures of me and hubs and a "Get YMZ to the church on time" maze.

Sweet YMZ! Yes, I use ACAD for lots of stuff too. For once Mrs. p. appreciated it. When we shopped for furniture last year, I printed out to scale our family room on 11"x17", then printed to scale and cut out the couch, love seat, end tables, coffee table, etc. and she was able to slide the little furniture pieces around to test different arrangements.

[SIZE=medium]You guys are hilarious. I can relate to (or at least appreciate) most of what you guys brought up (being cheap, temperature setting must be even, all bills must be upright and face forward, clothes/hangers all face the same way, mechanical pencil, etc.)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Some more:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]It’s a Driver License, not a Driver’s License! (at least in CA)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]All the screws on the outlet and light switch plates in my home are turned perfectly vertically.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]This kills me: “ABS Brakes”, “ATM Machine”, etc.[/SIZE]
in IL it is Driver's License...I just looked at mine

Yeah, unfortunately some states are just wrong. ;) Which makes it harder to have my pet peeve. Oh well. It seems that 'Driver License' is a little more common than 'Driver's License'. http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=photos+of+driver+licenses&qpvt=photos+of+driver+licenses&FORM=IGRE

All the screws on the outlet and light switch plates in my home are turned perfectly vertically.
I do this too.

So do y'all overtighten, or back off?

Good man rw. ;)

CWP, there is a fine art to it. It's a case by case bases. It's not anything that can be explained in words, it must be learned by experience. You'll know when the "finger torque" of the screwdriver allows you to go that extra 35o or back up 55o. :nod:

Back