What are you eating?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eating chinese buffet at mudpuppy's suggestion!

I actually had a pretty good time seeing mudpuppy - I have been so busy that I have hardly seen him over the past few months.

JR

Roach coach chicken with green beans and rice. Sadly, it was about the size of a McNugget, so I sprung the extra $1.50 for a vending machine chicken salad sandwich. Fell asleep at 7:00 and didn't wake up until 6:00, so no dinner or breakfast for me.

Grilled flank steak with some sauteed hogfish that I shot over the weekend. All on top of some mexican rice with fresh pineapple chunks thrown in for good measure.

Haven't had 'em yet, but I gots me some ribs in the slow cooker for dinner tonight. He11s yeah!

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't had 'em yet, but I gots me some ribs in the slow cooker for dinner tonight. He11s yeah!

Lucky! They haven't had ribs at the grocery store in a while now (except the crappy pre-packaged ribs), and my last set of crock pot ribs were an overwhelming success.

wholly crap. we had a steak retirement lunch for a couple of guys in the office yesterday (most people with grey hair are jumping off before the furloughs start)
this guy that sits opposite me is huge, pushing 400 lbs. well, it is no mystery how he got there. he took the biggest steak available, probably 18 oz or better, and tore thru that thing like ravenous wolf. he broke 4 plastic forks, and these were the heavy duty plastic (maybe not the best for steak, but nobody else broke a single one) there were fork tines and bits of meat flying all over the place.

:puke: is the word
Yuck! We should send this guy to Greenland and bring Chucktown back from exile. The locals would like him better anyway because he's the same size as a Sea Lion.

Ate my little sausage biscuit thing this morning, and that's about it on junk food for the day. Disgusted with how much weight I've packed on again, so the exercise/diet starts again today. Have some chicken breast and some lettuce for tonight's dinner, and no booze until Friday night.

Ate my little sausage biscuit thing this morning, and that's about it on junk food for the day. Disgusted with how much weight I've packed on again, so the exercise/diet starts again today. Have some chicken breast and some lettuce for tonight's dinner, and no booze until Friday night.

A Mrs. Supe could solve that problem, but I would recommend a cook instead; less expensive.

A Mrs. Supe is never going to happen.

Seriously. I can't cook. I have three lovely burns across my left knuckles this morning from trying to make chicken breast right last night. I don't understand it. I have great dexterity, excellent hand-eye coordination, was pretty good at chemistry, and write procedures as part of my living, yet if it involves anything more than milk and cereal in a bowl, I'm completely lost in the kitchen.

If my truck would hurry up and get here, I could go buy a grill and could eat decent again. Cook, I cannot. Grill, I can.

I missed lunch time, but I have to tell you about this awesome chicken salad that my daughter and I made, which I had for lunch today. We boiled chicken breasts in a pot of water with fresh rosemary in it. When it was done, we cut the chicken, added chopped celery and a little bit of finely chopped scallions, salt and mayo. Oh, it was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good. :)

Back