way too quiet in here

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^ It seems so. But both of my children, and my wife, have them "blue passports" and get to check off on the "US Citizen" box when we travel.

Territories are the same as states in almost all regards, including the "natural born citizen" requirement.

And yes, Obama did produce a birth certificate. You can find it on snopes. But I'm sure you don't want to, because conspiracy theories are more fun.

Which reminds me, George Bush planned the 9-11 attacks to save his unpopular presidency, and the CIA planted suitcase hydrogen bombs in both towers of the World Trade center to assure they would go down. Because we all know they wouldn't have, because they were so well engineered.

isshojan.JPG

Territories are the same as states in almost all regards, including the "natural born citizen" requirement.
Except for the truly bizarre notion that if he was born and lived where you live, he could run for president but couldn't vote for himself. Go figure.

^ Which means he could very cause himself to lose the popular vote, but have no impact whatsoever on his electoral count

What kind of home defense weapon do you suuggest if Dick Cheney's Successor Cyborg breaks into the house?
Easy - a smelter.

Are they saying he was born somewhere else or that he is older than he says he is?
Yes, supposedly, the conspiracy has his own Grandmother saying she watched his birth in her village in Kenya.

I thought he did produce a birth certificate but the claim is that it is forged.
It is a fake. (according to the conspiracy too) but I believe its a fake, have you seen it?

It's pathetic.

The one below is just as good.

OFFICIAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE FOR:
BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA.

Last edited by a moderator:
that looks nicer than mine, but mine was from a naval hospital in Norfolk Virginia, my mom was on "family day" and I was about 4 hours from being delivered at sea, I hope that if they had not made it back in time that I would have been born inside US waters and not some sort of "illegal alien"

:sharkattack:

Last edited by a moderator:
^Yeah, because it would suck having people question your partriotism based on where you mom was physically located when you were born.

he could have been born in Arlington and because of his associations and previous actions / statements his patriotism will be questioned until he has proven otherwise.

You know, whether or not it is fake or not is really sort of besides the point now. He's going to be president, and I hope he does the right things for the economy because I like having a job.

One thing I've noticed is that when there are all sort of conspiracy theories and such surrounding a president (Clinton - Vince Foster, Bush - 9-11 truthers) it just seems to ensure that they stay in office for 8 years.

IMO, At this point I think it is more important for my side of the aisle that we try to ensure that Al Franken doesn't steal one in Fargoland, and that Chambliss wins in Georgia. And then concentrate on winning back something in 2010.

I met and briefly talked to Chambliss when he was a guest speaker at our church one day. High quality guy. Gave a mostly non-political talk about faith & Congress, with a little insight into his personal perspective of GWB (positive). I'll be at the polls Tuesday.

Yes, supposedly, the conspiracy has his own Grandmother saying she watched his birth in her village in Kenya.
Maybe it was his half brother George. Or another half brother. From what I hear, Daddy Obama was not unlike the JR of his day.

Slugger, are you claiming someone born in a US territory is not a US citizen?
No, there are some that say it does exempt you from the "Natural Born Citizen" even though you are a citizen.

Something else no one mentioned is that McCain was not born in the USA either, but on a military base over seas. This is why no one really wanted the Obama case tested in court. Who would we have been left voting for? Biden versus Palin???

If being born in a Territory is concidered an Natural Born US Citizen, then it is funny that someone from a territory can run for president but can't vot for themselves?

^Only if they still reside in that territory. And even then, there are legal ways to allow yourself to vote. If you've ever lived in a State, for example, you can still vote as an absentee of that state, even if you've been living overseas in a territory for a very long time.

I've never done it just because I don't want the IRS climbing up my ass, which those nazis have already done twice just because of a few accounts that still had my parents address listed. But I have several friends who have.

So yes you could run for president if you were born in a US territory, live in that territory, vote for yourself, but your fellow territorial residents would not be able to, unless they had previously lived in a "state" and jumped through the necessary hoops in order to do so.

Back