TX-PE results?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats to all those who passed. For those who didn't, my condolences. I know how you feel, I've been there twice. Hang in there, just buckle down and study your arse off next time and you'll get it.

If you're a mechanical and have any questions, just let me know I'd be glad to help. I'm an HVAC btw.

Does anyone know if that score is curved?
As I understand it, there is a raw score and the score reported to us. And there is a non-linear relationship between the raw score and the reported score.

Anyone more knowlegable care to add anything?

I got an 88 and I think I got about 35 questions correct in the morning and only 20 correct in the afternoon in mech Thermal Fluids. That would put my raw score somewhere around 69%.

With the amount of people who get 69's out there I feel like they must draw a line in the grades and try to hold the grades at or about the same pass/fail percentages each year.
Congratulation txaggie04PE!!! You are qulified to become a professor.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, for those who passed, how soon can we start calling ourselves "Insert Name, P.E."??

TX results finally out! What's a heart attack. I have passed! Thanks everyone on this forum for your help in answering my questions and good luck to anyone who still waiting for the results.

So, for those who passed, how soon can we start calling ourselves "Insert Name, P.E."??
Now. In Texas, it's automatic as soon as you pass. You'll get a letter with your PE number along with the steps you have to take to complete licensure, such as getting a stamp and submitting it to the board for approval.

But you can officially use PE in your title right now.

Why does Texas provide the score, but most other states only provide a pass/fail notification? I'm just curious. That would seem to be a nice thing for all states to provide.

Why does Texas provide the score, but most other states only provide a pass/fail notification? I'm just curious. That would seem to be a nice thing for all states to provide.
I think based on all of the previous discussion, the scores aren't necessary because you're not being compared against other engineers (just a minimum level) and there were concerns that courts and employers would use the scores for comparison. You know - Johnny is more of an engineer than Susie since he scored higher. So ncees went to P/F only. But some states still have laws that say you have to have a score.

I passed the PE exam . It was my 2nd time and i scored 81 . I haven't felt this tense my entire life and i did not want to give this exam again. By Gods grace i dont have to . For those who have to give it again , do not lose heart. I know how you guys feel , hang in there and study hard . It will all be worth when you pass it. All the best and god bless !

I think based on all of the previous discussion, the scores aren't necessary because you're not being compared against other engineers (just a minimum level) and there were concerns that courts and employers would use the scores for comparison. You know - Johnny is more of an engineer than Susie since he scored higher. So ncees went to P/F only. But some states still have laws that say you have to have a score.
I can see that but that would also mean that the board(s) and or NCESS would have to publicly disclose details on scoring procedures, along with all questions asked from test to test. ie, two PE's in a legal battle that got their licenses 10 years apart. The newer an expert in one field arguing with a senior with not expertise in the subject dispute...

Actually after thinking about it this way, it doesn't make sense, else you could have a civil pe in litigation with a structural pe, with major weight given to test score... they don’t do that with doctors and MCAT's.

I think it simply has to do with trying to keep as much info about the test secret as possible. For crying out loud, you cant even use your own eraser during the exam.

Now. In Texas, it's automatic as soon as you pass. You'll get a letter with your PE number along with the steps you have to take to complete licensure, such as getting a stamp and submitting it to the board for approval.

But you can officially use PE in your title right now.
I had the same question. Thanks for clarifying. Passed PE Civil/Transportation.

Numbers are up now. Do a roster search of your name.

Is there any reason not to go ahead and order a stamp?

Cool i just saw my name in roaster:) But my address shows still old address when i applied and i moved after that. Hopefully they dont send the letter to old address. i sent them email 2 months 3 months before regarding this change of address though

And i thought we have to wait for the official letter to order the stamp rite?

Cool i just saw my name in roaster:) But my address shows still old address when i applied and i moved after that. Hopefully they dont send the letter to old address. i sent them email 2 months 3 months before regarding this change of address though

And i thought we have to wait for the official letter to order the stamp rite?
I'm just going to wait to get the letter to order the stamp. David, on the yahoo group said instructions on what to do next will accompany the offical letter. But I don't see any reason to wait if you really want to press.

Back