Two tickets to anywhere...where would you go?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snickerd3

Taking suggestions
Reaction score
American airlines is having a giveaway for their frequent flyer program to celebrate the addition of several new airlines to their one world alliance and how you can get anywhere in the world within 24 hr with them now.

The prize is two first class tickets to any continent in the world, 5 night stay with a hilton family hotel and a camera.

so the question is where would you want to go if you had two first class tickets to anywhere in the world?

I would go to australia.

Australia...Want to swim with a white shark...no in a cage. I want to actually be there with the shark. Has to be a heck of an adrenaline rush.

I am looking forward to it and also to swim near a gator. That one can happen at anytime soon.

New Zealand would be my second choice since I've already been there and it is Absolutely one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen.

same, Austrailia, great barrier reef...

Australia EB Meet Up. How does that sound?

In.

Trips to Australia are expensive. Now that I have reached a point in my life where I could afford it, all of my friends that would have gone with me are married with children (i.e., they don't have either the time or money to blow on an expensive vacation). I'm looking for an excuse to go.

Japan. Basically recreate the Lost in Translation hotel and adventures.

I actually priced that out years ago and it tallied beyond $10k. :(

I would go to australia.
Australia...Want to swim with a white shark...no in a cage. I want to actually be there with the shark. Has to be a heck of an adrenaline rush.
same, Austrailia, great barrier reef...
Australia EB Meet Up. How does that sound?
Trips to Australia are expensive. Now that I have reached a point in my life where I could afford it, all of my friends that would have gone with me are married with children (i.e., they don't have either the time or money to blow on an expensive vacation). I'm looking for an excuse to go.
Agreed all around. Australia was AWESOME! I would go back in a heartbeat. Spent 2 weeks there and I would recommend doing it that way. Flight time alone is close to 4 days when all said and done. Great Barrier Reef was just that, GREAT. Scuba was awesome there.

The prize is two first class tickets to any continent in the world, 5 night stay with a hilton family hotel and a camera.
What if the location you select doesn't have a hilton family hotel? I wanna go to the south pole!

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0aW9KBI3eM

Sorry, I couldn't help myself

Can I just have the money to spend on avgas? The only seat I like in an aircraft is the left front one.

I would say Japan, but I will probably get there anyways for work in the coming months.

I'm honestly not sure where I'd go. I'd like to go somewhere heavy on caverns/waterfalls/scenic overlooks. I'd probably go pick out a handful of pictures from those "most awesome natural views" type articles, close my eyes, and throw darts at them to pick one.

Tuscany, Italy is another one on my list. I would spend a week there, bike riding, drinking wine, and eating good food.

Back