Trick or Treaters

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
forgot about that pesky flu thing. . .that was likely a contributor to poor turnout

We have only one "American style" subdivision on the island, and that's where everyone goes - there were probably 5,000 kids or more there, on only two streets and probably only about 20 houses that were participating. It was a lot of fun for the kids. The residents there who participate turn it into a huge party, with tents and tables and barbecue, and the behavior is really good, considering all the beer going around. Of course, I've never been there past 7:00...

The rest of the island, including where I live, is more spread out and rural - we only got trick-or-treated by our immediate relatives (about a dozen cousins or so) before heading out for the subdivision to join the big crowd.

We had a single door visit. Just one. We didn't have any candy anyway. When the scheduled t-or-t time came, we closed the blinds. It's cool. I was busy staying drunk and playing Final Fantasy 8. Wifey-wife was busy nesting. It's amazing how much stuff women will buy when they're 7+ months pregnant.

I hate it when Halloween falls on a Sunday and you have bozos coming by on Saturday.

there were soo many games on that nite too - USC v. Oregon, Florida v. Georgia, MI St v. Minn, another embarassing UofMI game v. Illinois, Notre Dame v. Washington St (yawn) and finally game 1 of the series. some of those didnt come till at end of trick-or-treating, but still it was a better halloween to turn off lights & head to the basement tv! I actually had some adults congregating around our block corner kinda peeking in at our 40-in flatscreen at the football games that I had on.

We had 15... I was handing out the candy by the handful towards the end... to which some teenage girl dressed like a slutty pirate told me "You rock for an old dude".

We were out most of the early afternoon taking the three kids around to the grandparents and other family... I never thought chasing three superheroes around would be that tiring (oldest was Spiderman, the twins were Superman and Wonder Woman).

We only had 1 kid before we left for our party. We got home about 2am and I noticed a busted pumpkin at the front of the subdivision and some of the cars including mine had silly string on them but not a lot at all so I wasn't too annoyed.

I don't know how many we got, we weren't home. The house hadn't been vandalized upon our return so I assume the trick or treaters weren't to upset. Usually we struggle to get a handful of trick or treaters each year. I think the most we've ever had come to our door is 15. Usually it's 5-10 kids. Some of them don't even bother wearing costumes. :\

We had about 150 or so, but I give out probably 7 to 8 pieces at a time. We buy the big bags at Sam's (Hershey's, Reese's, Kit-Kat, Twix, M&Ms, and Almond Joy, I think that was the assortment this year). I guess we spent roughly $80 on candy.

But, in my neighborhood, it's mainly kids 10 and under. They are all very polite, dressed up in little costumes, and their parents are either at the curb or three feet behind them. We even had a parade that morning with ATV's pulling trailers. My wife and I dress up (I'm usually a penguin, this year I was Julius Caesar), I've got a football game in the background, and I'm enjoying a nice adult beverage as well.

Halloween is a fun time for us. Probably because we don't worry about vandalism, 15 year old's without costumes, or anything like that.

Back