Travel!! Where are you headed; Where do you want to go? Where have you been?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Considering recent trips have been to Iceland in December last year and to Ireland/Northern Ireland in March this year.  Probably no foreign travel the rest of the year except for the United States and that will be by auto, not flying.   

Woohoo! Just booked my flight to Taiwan! I'll be there for the week of Thanksgiving. So stoked! I'm going to get so fat...
Cool! I did some work out there at the Chinshan nuclear plant in Taipei. (2) single failure-proof spent fuel handling bridge cranes rated at 200-ton each. Complete with ControlLogix and PanelView to monitor status of various crane functions. :thumbs:  

Any particular recommendations? I know you were there for work, but just in case! When I worked in the Philippines, we definitely found time to hit the beach!
Nadda, sorry. This was close to 10 years ago already. And we were pulling 12+ hr shifts so I didn't have the energy for much else after hours.

Going to Hatgal, Mogolia in June on a mission trip.   I think the longest flight is 13 hrs to Bejing.  We are taking 15 guys for a couple of weeks to finishout a church/school.  The last leg of the trip is going to be on a bus for the ones that don't fit in the puddle jumper.  Not sure who will have it worse.

Going to Hatgal, Mogolia in June on a mission trip.   I think the longest flight is 13 hrs to Bejing.  We are taking 15 guys for a couple of weeks to finishout a church/school.  The last leg of the trip is going to be on a bus for the ones that don't fit in the puddle jumper.  Not sure who will have it worse.
Interesting gamble! The 4wd option sounds fun.

Anyone have any suggestions for Charleston, SC? Probably heading there for a bachelorette party (not mine) in July.

Also, likely gonna be on the East Coast five times between mid-June and mid-October. VT, Charleston, Saratoga Springs, CT, VT.

Throw in a long July 4th in Tahoe, Memorial Day in Mendocino County, and family in town over Labor Day, and that's basically my summer.

And also, the reason the fiance and I aren't really getting a long vacation this year. And why we're getting married next. Maybe honeymoon in Mozambique and the Seychelles? And heck, through Madagascar in there too?

Anyone have any suggestions for Charleston, SC? Probably heading there for a bachelorette party (not mine) in July.

Also, likely gonna be on the East Coast five times between mid-June and mid-October. VT, Charleston, Saratoga Springs, CT, VT.

Throw in a long July 4th in Tahoe, Memorial Day in Mendocino County, and family in town over Labor Day, and that's basically my summer.

And also, the reason the fiance and I aren't really getting a long vacation this year. And why we're getting married next. Maybe honeymoon in Mozambique and the Seychelles? And heck, through Madagascar in there too?
For bars that are probably left-coaster approved, take a look at The Gin Joint and Closed for Business.

For restaurants, whatever you want.  It's almost tough to find a bad restaurant, but gets expensive fast.  For a group of girls, there's a place called R. Kitchen that is way more casual and does a five course dinner that they cook in front of you, but you need reservations weeks in advance.  It's also one of the least expensive meals you'll have there.  Just be sure to get some crab cakes eggs benedict for breakfast one day regardless of where you go.

Anyone else on the thread familiar with Taiwan?
@squaretaper I have been there 15 times so far. My wife is from there and it's like a 2nd home to me. I'll actually be heading there in less than a month for 4 weeks.

What would you like to know?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back