Took Env. PE

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

MattC

Feel pretty good, assuming I need around 70/100 I am pretty confidant I passed. Had plently of time, especiallly in the afternoon. I assume the cut score needed is no more than 70% correct?

Another Envl engineer? Awesome!

I'm the only other one here. I took the Envl exam in Vermont last April and passed. I'm licensed in New Hampshire too.

The thing about the Envl exam that made it so tough was the extreme breadth of it. You really need to know a little about everything.

Nope VTEnviro - here's another environmental engineer (I just joined). I feel pretty confident that I made at least 70% too, but I agree it was tough. I don't see how any one person could have the experience or references to answer all of the qualitative questions on the exam. But maybe that's the idea? I had the stupid goal of "acing" the exam, so that I would hopefully feel confident for the next three months of limbo. I came nowhere near that goal, but I do not believe that it is possible now that I have taken it.

Tell me about it, that test is so incredibly broad. I took it in April and passed.

The thing with qualitative questions, is that you either know them or you don't. At least with quantatative problems, you can always guess and check, or just start multiplying until the units cancel the right way.

And some of it is just plain obscure. I was fortunate in that I had at least seen about 75% of the material in college. The rest: OSHA regs, sound pollution, personal protective gear, etc. I had to pick up from scratch.

Back