Today I Learned...

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe each cell is 1.5 volts, so 6 = 9 volts.
tenor.gif

If you place your right hand one key off to the left and try to type "Final" it comes out as "Fubak" and people get all upset and think you are saying something disparaging.

I feel like an idiot. I just figured out that when taking a snapshot from a pdf, and pasting it into Excel, the image is much clearer if paste special as Bitmap vs just pasting.

I feel like an idiot. I just figured out that when taking a snapshot from a pdf, and pasting it into Excel, the image is much clearer if paste special as Bitmap vs just pasting.
Well, I just learned this, so I feel like a bigger idiot.  I always pasted into paint or something first so I could copy the clear image.

Yeah I just recently learned of her involvement with Star Trek. That's cool. Funny what her original impression was from the title.

For you Civil folk: Saw this on Reddit, it sort of fits with the Workers clear 'huge, disgusting' fatberg from London sewer posted in the STB Random Topics 3.1.

"TIL Joseph Bazalgette, the man who designed London's sewers in the 1860's, said 'Well, we're only going to do this once and there's always the unforeseen' and doubled the pipe diameter. If he had not done this, it would have overflowed in the 1960's (its still in use today)."
Joseph Bazalgette - Wikipedia
1614201261628.png

^Awesome. Can't get away with that approach these days, but it's why most old **** lasts longer than new ****....

For you Civil folk: Saw this on Reddit, it sort of fits with the Workers clear 'huge, disgusting' fatberg from London sewer posted in the STB Random Topics 3.1.

"TIL Joseph Bazalgette, the man who designed London's sewers in the 1860's, said 'Well, we're only going to do this once and there's always the unforeseen' and doubled the pipe diameter. If he had not done this, it would have overflowed in the 1960's (its still in use today)."
Joseph Bazalgette - Wikipedia
View attachment 21320

I used to use the fatberg video in my training classes I gave, lol

I guess the wealthy prefer to spend the money only on the bits you can see!

Jeebus.

That explains why all the filippino engineers here in Guam always ignore the rules about sewer service and just plan a holding tank for everything, which is illegal but the filippino engineers who filled my position before I got here allowed it anyway. We did an unscientific survey of previously "permitted" holding tanks and found that more than 90% had no recent records of having been pumped, and when inspected in the field, they were empty. So the likely answer is that the owner had someone punch holes in the side of the tank to convert it into a cesspool, after they found out how expensive it was to pump. I'm on a political **** list now because I have been denying permits for new holding tanks.

Back